TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138
hsosa1 Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:01 pm

pops711 wrote: OK guys, I need help. I have a 59' I am painting L343 Kalahari Beige. What I need your help with is, the paint code for the center of the rims (L450 Light Brown). I have looked, called, and emailed everyone and everywhere I can find that might have it, to no avail. Can anyone HELP?!?!?!?!

you can have Tammy at Tamco mix you up that code

hsosa1 Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Anyone know where I can buy a correct 59 lower apron panel I hit up wolf parts he told me his are for ovals I can make it work. Kinda pricey endeavor. Or I can take a torch and hammer this out . Wolfsburg west sells the standard panel, Thanks

pops711 Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 am

hsosa1 wrote: pops711 wrote: OK guys, I need help. I have a 59' I am painting L343 Kalahari Beige. What I need your help with is, the paint code for the center of the rims (L450 Light Brown). I have looked, called, and emailed everyone and everywhere I can find that might have it, to no avail. Can anyone HELP?!?!?!?!

you can have Tammy at Tamco mix you up that code

No good They do not have the formula. Still looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chase1 Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:39 pm

hsosa1 wrote: Anyone know where I can buy a correct 59 lower apron panel I hit up wolf parts he told me his are for ovals I can make it work. Kinda pricey endeavor. Or I can take a torch and hammer this out . Wolfsburg west sells the standard panel, Thanks

https://www.kaeferland-shop.de/karosserie/blechteile/reparaturbleche/reserveradwanne/

Still pricey but the most correct that I have found.

hsosa1 Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Chase1 wrote: hsosa1 wrote: Anyone know where I can buy a correct 59 lower apron panel I hit up wolf parts he told me his are for ovals I can make it work. Kinda pricey endeavor. Or I can take a torch and hammer this out . Wolfsburg west sells the standard panel, Thanks

https://www.kaeferland-shop.de/karosserie/blechteile/reparaturbleche/reserveradwanne/

Still pricey but the most correct that I have found. thank you !

sunroof Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Nope, sorry. Not correct. Same as Wolfparts.

I did this job on my '59 but ended up using the Wolfparts panel because it was the best I could find. It fit so perfectly it brought a tear to this flinty old eye. Not correct but will do the job.

Don

hsosa1 Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Orangeleo wrote: Hi guys!
Just bought this barnfind in Russia, which didn't have the best in class service during USSR. Can't understand if it is the second part of 59" or the first of 60?

It has h-apron, push-door handles and doors, right side fuel filler, green ragtop (read here that it was one year only in 59) and not sure which type of hole for ragtop locker. Semaphores are welded, but they were there.
Can't check the bonnet, cause it has a part of a new one near the window. Also no metal table, the chassis number is welded and no original engine inside.

Looks like 60 model year, but what which year & month of production exactly? this would be a 60 as far I know 59 came with pull handles

hsosa1 Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Stevo Wide 5 wrote: myvolks1 wrote: Stevo,

Can you post a close up pic of one of your new painted wheels so we can see the whitewall tires close up?

Stevo Wide 5 wrote: myvolks1 wrote: Wheels and tires look really good,

Can you post some close up pics of your new painted wheels and your new whitewall tires. I am restoring my Garnet Red 59.

By any chance do you have any info on the paint colors that were used to paint your wheels? Some info I could take to a paint store to have the paint mixed for my wheels?

Can you post a Link from Coker on the whitewalls you went with?

Thanks,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coker-Classic-Nostalgia-Ra...mp;vxp=mtr

They matched the paint from my og spare

With flash!

No Flash!
is the right color combo on the wheel . Im referring to the off white color anyone know ?

hsosa1 Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:35 pm

AlteWagen wrote: mario_0609 wrote: Regarding the white wall tires: My b/c states that my 58 came with white wall tires right from the factory (Option 128)

Yes some cars did come with white walls but never with WIDE whites. The original WW were 1 inch wide.

. Anyone know where I can get a thin wall white wall

stale air Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm

hsosa1 wrote: is the right color combo on the wheel . Im referring to the off white color anyone know ?

The two colors needed for the wheels on a Garnet Red car are...

L81 Parchment White

And....L359 Ruby

hsosa1 wrote: Anyone know where I can get a thin wall white wall

A bunch of options to choose from.
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/whitewall-tires.html?shop_width_bias_ply=3745

hsosa1 Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:27 pm

stale air wrote: hsosa1 wrote: is the right color combo on the wheel . Im referring to the off white color anyone know ?

The two colors needed for the wheels on a Garnet Red car are...

L81 Parchment White

And....L359 Ruby

hsosa1 wrote: Anyone know where I can get a thin wall white wall

A bunch of options to choose from.
https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/whitewall-tires.html?shop_width_bias_ply=3745 thanks

RichOakley Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:55 am

Vinyl seat covers. Looking back through this thread, as I very often do, I wondered if anybody has reached a conclusion over the years of where to obtain the most correct seat covers or seat cover material (vinyl). My Garnet Red car's driver's seat (grey/brick red) is definitely beyond saving. Any suggestions?

wiferdill Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:31 pm

In 2005 I brought an interior kit for my '64 bug to a local shop and asked them to install it. He struggled with every piece and suggested next time to just let him do it from scratch. The parts making up the kit were close, but made the job much harder. That supplier is no longer in business. The variety of fabrics now days is infinite and a good shop may be able to give you exactly what you want.......Even the "correct" look your going for.

Chase1 Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:07 am

sunroof wrote: Nope, sorry. Not correct. Same as Wolfparts.

Don

If that was a swipe at my suggestion, I didn't say it was correct. Having not directly purchased from Wolfparts, it was the most correct new manufacture panel I could find; except for NOS OE parts. I would agree though, a visual inspection of both panels, it appears that Wolfparts is the supplier/manufacturer. Might as well get it from the Wolfparts, it is a bit cheaper, barring shipping and taxes.

GL

sunroof Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Woops! I did not mean to offend.

Don

bwaz Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:38 am

it's interesting that as I flip back and forth between forums, that I find for my early 58 beetle, I tend to more go through the 53-57 Oval window section. Looking at a post for a 67 with a 1500 motor, has little to do with my 58. Maybe another division of forums to be more 36 horse or smaller window cars is in order? Other than an oval window, there's not a ton of similarities from a 53 beetle to a 57. Motor is different, fenders different, no semaphores, different seats, vent glass and frames... just an observation that keeping years with more things in common may help make searching for help and ideas easier