TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
WestyWanter Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am

Theres currently a 70,000$ syncro tintop for sale in the classifieds, curious to hear what people think of the price. Will be interesting if it sells anywhere near the asking because it could set a precedent.

VicVan Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am

:shock:

Even better, with a link!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2413739

dabaron Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm

WestyWanter wrote: Theres currently a 70,000$ syncro tintop for sale in the classifieds, curious to hear what people think of the price. Will be interesting if it sells anywhere near the asking because it could set a precedent.

it's 55k too much.

joetiger Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Yikes...It's got all of that Burley stuff on it, but even Burley's SEMA Syncro wasn't advertised for nearly that much.

Jake de Villiers Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 pm

joetiger wrote: Yikes...It's got all of that Burley stuff on it, but even Burley's SEMA Syncro wasn't advertised for nearly that much. Dude, this van's got all new wiper blades!!!

Squidfish Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm

joetiger wrote: Yikes...It's got all of that Burley stuff on it, but even Burley's SEMA Syncro wasn't advertised for nearly that much.

My first thought was..why chop the fenders and then not "brag about the tire size" :lol: ... with just a single knob?

Taking into all the work (and swap cost) and no useage - $40-45k IMO is what it should sell for. A/C work? that sounds silly, but huge.. It's a great restoration, but not that kind of money IMO

Keep on driving the cost up IMO, no worries here! 8)

MarkWard Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:04 am

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2274018

Is it me or did this van have an interior fire? No mention of a fire in the add.

Russpauly Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 am

MarkWard wrote: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2274018

Is it me or did this van have an interior fire? No mention of a fire in the add.

Looks more like mold no? Also a texas van so flooded possibly?

old_man Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 pm

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/corner-brook/82-vw-westfalia/1525096403

The killer is what the 'deal' actually is in the description.

some guy wrote: I need someone willing to invest some time and little money into this machine and a place to do the work in. Payback is time using it into foreseeable future with option to buy.

syncrodoka Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm

old_man wrote: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/corner-brook/82-vw-westfalia/1525096403

The killer is what the 'deal' actually is in the description.

some guy wrote: I need someone willing to invest some time and little money into this machine and a place to do the work in. Payback is time using it into foreseeable future with option to buy.
Fix it all up and maybe get to buy it? Where do i sign up? :lol:

danfromsyr Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 pm

I don't know why people think primer is paint..

like covering a rash with burlap.

WestyWanter Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

As a guy who would love to one day own a syncro it kind of demoralizing when in the past three weeks they've seen to double in price on here lol... granted this is asking price. But 40k+ tin tops and 75k+ non original syncro westies like dangggg...


https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2408831

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2416320

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2416338


Granted this is of course the whining thread and thats exactly what I'm doing

4Gears4Tires Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:37 am

Even if those 3 listed were "amazing deal" prices, they'd still be a crap ton of money. Like, a steal for the SVX Syncro would be what, $36k? The others you can cut the price in half, but that's still a lot of money.

RainierSyncro Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Those asking prices are so high that they will make buyers look at new vehicles. Looks like they are trying to get every last cent that they put into it.

4Gears4Tires Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:17 am

Yeah for sure. For $80k I would buy a 4x4 diesel Sprinter.

Squidfish Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:37 am

4Gears4Tires wrote: Yeah for sure. For $80k I would buy a 4x4 diesel Sprinter.

](*,)

Steve M. Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Just had my daily laugh!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2417938

syncrodoka Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Steve M. wrote: Just had my daily laugh!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2417938

For that price i will rip the grills off of my vans and buy another van. I am sitting on a goldmine. :roll:

jlrftype7 Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:25 am

[quote="MarkWard"]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2274018

Is it me or did this van have an interior fire? No mention of a fire in the add.[/quote I've wondered for months if that's soot or mold. Hazmat Suit to go and find out though..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

leecat Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 am

Man, I just bought essentially that same van in Vancouver - minus the soot/assorted filth, but admittedly plus heaps of bondo - for $1k Canadian - or about $750 U.S.

AND I drove it 1300 miles home.

But a local guy here has a '72 Bay Westy, bottom six inches rusted ENTIRELY out, non-running, and he wants 10k. So I guess value is subjective.



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group