TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Early Rubber Floor Mat Reproduction Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
52brezelfenster Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 am

Hello,

Are the rubber floor mats for early ghias still being reproduced?

I think the sellers name was Lemke?

Thanks,
Dustin

John Moxon Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:06 am

52brezelfenster wrote: Hello,

Are the rubber floor mats for early ghias still being reproduced?

I think the sellers name was Lemke?

Thanks,
Dustin

Yep: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10331

52brezelfenster Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 am

Ba-da-bing. Thanks!

52crotch Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 am

When I contacted John a few months ago he hadn't started reproducing them again. He said he was moving his shop and would resume sometime in the future. If you hear he's started again, post us the info. Thanks, Mike

lemke Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Hello,

Yes, I am still making mats. Due to some serious health issues, I had to put production on hold. I have some VERY late orders and I thank all of my customers for their generous patience. I am now geared up to make more, as my health is getting better everyday. :)

Thanks,

John

ripreston Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:12 am

So sorry to hear you've been ill, John, but very happy to hear that you're on the mend.

I'm still loving my mats! I'm sure others are very happy to hear that production is underway again. No one makes mats that come anywhere near the quality of yours.

Cheers,
Richard

Airhead Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:09 am

I also have a set of Johns mats that I bought 5 years ago and they are superb, glad you're on the mend John.

Airhead

52brezelfenster Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 am

lemke wrote: Hello,

Yes, I am still making mats. Due to some serious health issues, I had to put production on hold. I have some VERY late orders and I thank all of my customers for their generous patience. I am now geared up to make more, as my health is getting better everyday. :)

Thanks,

John

Thanks John, glad to hear you're doing better. Can you please give a time frame as to when I could get a set?

Dustin

52crotch Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:55 am

Good to hear John, I too will be ready for mats when you start again, just let us know. Thanks
Mike

lonotch Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am

To whom it may concern, the mats are worth the wait.

Paul_Revere's Ghia Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am

Hi john, Glad to hear you are on the mend! I too would be very interested in some of these mats if they are suitable for a 59- When you are up to it please can you give an idea of the cost, timeframe and some images if at all possible?? Many thanks- Seth

slafa Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Paul_Revere's Ghia wrote: Hi john, Glad to hear you are on the mend! I too would be very interested in some of these mats if they are suitable for a 59- When you are up to it please can you give an idea of the cost, timeframe and some images if at all possible?? Many thanks- Seth

X2 8)

tondemonai Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 pm

slafa wrote: Paul_Revere's Ghia wrote: Hi john, Glad to hear you are on the mend! I too would be very interested in some of these mats if they are suitable for a 59- When you are up to it please can you give an idea of the cost, timeframe and some images if at all possible?? Many thanks- Seth

X2 8)

x3 8)

technik Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

x4

macdweal Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 pm

I whould like to have a set for my '69 Ghia. But when i searched for mats a jear ago. I got a warning that John Lemke will take you money but never delivers.

John, whats you side of this story?

This was the messige i got:

hi-don't send money to lemke if he gets ahold of you. i have paid for 3 complete sets and have been without contact for 1 and a half years now-he stifted me close to 600usd!!!! be warned!!

lemke Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:25 pm

macdweal wrote: I whould like to have a set for my '69 Ghia. But when i searched for mats a jear ago. I got a warning that John Lemke will take you money but never delivers.

hi-don't send money to lemke if he gets ahold of you. i have paid for 3 complete sets and have been without contact for 1 and a half years now-he stifted me close to 600usd!!!! be warned!!

I have been in touch with Tyler, and his mats are going out. I WILL NOT accept any orders until I have mats ready to send for immediate delivery.

dmercer Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 pm

macdweal wrote: I whould like to have a set for my '69 Ghia. But when i searched for mats a jear ago. I got a warning that John Lemke will take you money but never delivers.

FWIW, here is my experience. I ordered mats from John several years ago. At the time, a number of folks from the forum assured me of the following:

- The mats are top notch reproductions.
- John may take a while to deliver, but he will deliver.

The wait was probably a little over a year at which point I began to seriously doubt I would see them. But then they arrived. They were absolutely worth the wait and I'm glad that John is making these reproductions available.

Anyway, this is just my experience -- but I do believe that the consensus is that while his turn around time and communication may leave something to be desired, he is a honest dealer. I'm willing to wait and even put up with a fair amount of uncertainty to get quality reproductions of the otherwise unobtainable.

Speaking of unobtainable -- if someone would make the rubber firewall cladding that was present on the later lowlights, I'd be thrilled. Hint hint.

John Moxon Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am

dmercer wrote:

FWIW, here is my experience. I ordered mats from John several years ago. At the time, a number of folks from the forum assured me of the following:

- The mats are top notch reproductions.
- John may take a while to deliver, but he will deliver.

Yes just to reiterate what Dan has said, John is not here to "stiff" anyone. If you want to order a set of mats, a quick "x2" reply here won't do it...Email John with a request.

dmercer wrote: Speaking of unobtainable -- if someone would make the rubber firewall cladding that was present on the later lowlights, I'd be thrilled. Hint hint.

x2...I mean yes, if that's at all possible John I'm sure there's a market for them...and with this forum's record, an og set to copy shouldn't be too much problem.

slafa Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 am

Should I have put X10 ? :P He has labeled himself a "Samba Troll" how much more honest can a guy get? I have never met a troll that was very communicative or timely but they are all straight shooters :D

oldvdub Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 am

i paid for 3 sets of john's ghia mats almost 2 1/2 years ago! i have since sold one of my ghia's! john's response to any email and phone message is poor. john got ahold of me after almost 2 years-under pressure from everett and he promised to ship me my mats. awhile back-the forum on john's delivery time got so ugly-it had to be removed(my request). he even provided a ship date of march 9, 2010 on two sets that were built-they have not arrived yet(been a month). john needs to come clean here and be honest-not make hollow promises and take money from people-we're all working hard for our bucks these days. delivery times that are slow because there is a ton of work are acceptable. taking money and not even producing product is bad karma bro. i am sure someone will respond with-'they are worth the wait'. really......i'm waiting to see....