TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Vanagon & Westy Measurements/Dimensions Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Timwhy Sat May 15, 2010 6:37 am

Took some pics of some of the various things in my Westy and got some rough measurements of them.

I have read some threads that people are asking how big is something is?
So, I'll take some more pics and measurements and post them here.

If anyone else would like to add their own, please do.
These are just rough measurements and my Westy is an '87,
so not all may be the same?

















Huxmobile Sat May 15, 2010 12:53 pm

nicely done! Very helpful for future brainstorming.
DJ

whynotvw Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 pm

=D> =D> very nice. thanks

woodingreenwood Sat May 15, 2010 3:33 pm

This is great for us new owners - another answer to one of the million questions I had!

noganav Sat May 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Cool man, very practical and helpful. :D

DAIZEE Sat May 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Excellent. Now can you do a Riviera :?: :?: :P :lol:

aguabonita Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 pm

I love the "VW" burners on the stove. Well done.

dcdubs Sat May 15, 2010 5:51 pm

iiiiiiiii like it

thummmper Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm

hey, how high is bottom bench cushion from the cargo floor?
[top surface, lowest{rear} and highest{front}] youre looking 4-1/2" higher than the GL seat. {plywood being 9" high} thanks

Timwhy Sun May 16, 2010 3:37 pm

thummmper wrote: hey, how high is bottom bench cushion from the cargo floor? [top surface, lowest{rear} and highest{front}] youre looking 4-1/2" higher than the GL seat. {plywood being 9" high} thanks

It's 13 1/2" from floor to bootom of bench seat on my Westy.

When the bench is in the bed position there is a 14" over hang from the kick panel of the bench to the end of the bed.

One more islander... Sun May 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks! Incredibly helpful!

------

New (to me) '88 Westy

purplepeopleeater Sun May 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I want to see toast on those grilles

thummmper Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

tim, that dimension is on the third photo. I wanted the dimension from the floor to the top of the seat cushion where you sit.
I don't have a westy to measure. thanks

mariusstrom Sun May 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Timwhy wrote: Took some pics of some of the various things in my Westy and got some rough measurements of them.

I have read some threads that people are asking how big is something is?
So, I'll take some more pics and measurements and post them here.

If anyone else would like to add their own, please do.
These are just rough measurements and my Westy is an '87,
so not all may be the same?

Oh, this is awesome. Do you mind if I snag the images and post them up to the Vanagon Wiki? (we're in the process of rebuilding it)

Timwhy Mon May 17, 2010 2:22 am

mariusstrom wrote: Timwhy wrote: Took some pics of some of the various things in my Westy and got some rough measurements of them.

I have read some threads that people are asking how big is something is?
So, I'll take some more pics and measurements and post them here.

If anyone else would like to add their own, please do.
These are just rough measurements and my Westy is an '87,
so not all may be the same?

Oh, this is awesome. Do you mind if I snag the images and post them up to the Vanagon Wiki? (we're in the process of rebuilding it)

Be my guest!!

TroySmith80 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 am

thummmper wrote: tim, that dimension is on the third photo. I wanted the dimension from the floor to the top of the seat cushion where you sit.
I don't have a westy to measure. thanks

I realize this is old and you've probably figured it out by now, but mine is about 18".

Thanks Timwhy for the effort!

I also wanted to just pop in here and add the word " drawing " to this thread, because i was searching for dimensioned drawings and didn't find this. But this is just as helpful, or more so.

Corwyn Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:57 am

What is the spacing between the dots on the floormats? How far apart are the knobs on the front of the stove?

:D

mb Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

great work! .... but

Only three nations out of 203 have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Burma, Liberia, and the United States of America.
The United States is the only industrialised country in the world that has an aversion to using the International System of Units as its predominant system of measurement.

Countries which have officially adopted the metric system (green).

Text & Image: Wikipedia


OddN Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey, even Britain is using the metric system... In fact the british TV chef Keith Floyd on a show once said: "And then we take a metric handful of sugar..." :lol:

wbx Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 pm

... Thanks for pointing out the longshot odds that an inch-based person would be the one motivated enough to measure, photo, and edit photos for clarity to share with the world...

On the flip side, I guess the odds are pretty high that someone would whine about it not being in millimeters ;-)

-Damon
(engineer who prefers metric...)



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group