TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What wire does it use?!?
iprangen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Yes I checked the Benteley (did i spell it right this time?). Yes I checked the search engine, but didn't find the answer. So don't shoot me down for this simple question as it appears many people do these days (obvious signs of frustration eh?).

In the wiring diagram in the Benteley I can't find which color coded wires power my brake lights. I have the blinkers and running lights hooked up and working, but cannot find a connection in the wiring diagram going from the brake switch to the rear lights.

I do have a suspicion (spelled wrong too?) that it might go from the brake switch through the turn signal switch and the wires connecting the turn signals too the rear lights?

Any input or random verbal abuse, anyone?

busdaddy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Although the year of your bus and if it's a Euro model is fuzzy I'm seeing black with a red stripe.....................

iprangen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

My bad, its a 1971.

VDubTech Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:42 pm

B-e-n-t-l-e-y

Spelled just like it sounds-couldn't be easier.

busdaddy Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:43 pm

OK, now it's becoming easier to see.......... I see black supplying power to the switch and black/red carrying switched power to terminal 54 on the hazard switch, then I see another black/red or black/purple wire taking it from 54f on the hazard switch to 54st on the signal switch. If the signal switch is in neutral it then goes to both tail lights.
Of course you have seen this? : http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiringt2.php

iprangen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Sorry VDubtesh. So do you know why the Bentley doesn't show the wire connecting the brake light switch to the rear lights? Any help is greatly appreshiated.

iprangen Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks BusDaddy. Will check tomorrow in order to see if my wiring is correct. 8)