TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Thing Shop DVD and Catalog
Semper_Dad Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:46 pm

I ordered the Thing Shop's DVD and material sample while exploring their new website and recieved the package in the mail today. The DVD and catalog was free.

Included was the paper catalog which has a lot more items than what is on the website, a material sample sheet for their tops, seats, and a new products addendum.

The DVD gives a nice tour of the shop, showroom, and facilities. It also gives a pretty good demo of a front seat restoration, convertible top installation, and showbar installation. I found it to be very well put together.

Ferretkona Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:47 pm

It is good to watch before attempting to restore a seat or replace a soft top. Good info, I get one in the package every order I make.

I have timed my orders with VW shows and picked up my orders there, saved shipping costs and tax. They also have items for sale that is not on their website or catalog, if you need something it is best to call and ask. They never seem to return a email for me.

SilverThing Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Ferretkona wrote: They never seem to return a email for me.

I can't say this has ever been an issue for me. In the past, I have e-mailed them with questions and have gotten very detailed responses. I don't think I have waited more than a couple of days for a return e-mail.

ConchThing Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:07 pm

I got the new catalog yesterday, as well. I think it's probably because they know I'm doing a complete resto :lol: They have ALWAYS been very helpful and timely with responses for me.....no complaints!!