TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Lee. Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Easy transaction. He shipped it out the same day. Thanks.

Current email:
[email protected]

Past emails (some are people hired to manage his ads):
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Moderator Notes:
This person has several complaints of being rude or increasing prices after people inquire, keep that in mind before ordering.
He has also used several different names in the past - Carter / Lewis / Blaze

VWsArent4Hippies Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Great communication and super fast to ship out. Thanks again!

NTM1971 Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Bought a pair of single port heads. Nice and clean, exactly as described. Communication was great, and super fast shipping. Would definitely order from him again.

tommywouldgo Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Thank you for fast shipping. The bought item was a great condition as he described. Thank you!

The Cheetle Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Great to work with!! Product was exactly as described, actually better!!!

bigbadben Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 pm

every thing was great s soon as he saw the payment he shipped out the mirror
excellent communication thank you soo much

KTPhil Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Parts as advertised, great communication, easy deal. Huge stash of good parts; if you are anywhere near Ventura check out the place!

combi76 Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Very good transaction, sends fast and good communication, I recommend this seller 8)

EvilleT Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 am

Highly recommended I would not hesitate to do business with him in the future. Thanks

mwardsec Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 am

I absolutely must say ... Negotiated with lewis and made a fair agreement with him. Parts were exactly as described, if not better. Transaction occurred as discussed. Delivery was quick.

I recommend, and would not hesitate, doing transactions for that quality, special part you are looking for. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you Lewis ... So very much !!

jb71bay Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm

i would not recommend this guy to anybody i liked
We made a deal on a trade
I gave him a 59 montgomery redone single wheel trailer and my back seat from my 71 bay
He gave me the bed and closet from a 73 westy
And the ice box and the top with out the fabric
he did not want take a top off a bus due to the rain and the elliments at the time of the trade
I came by 3 weeks ago a picked up the ice box and the
Top was still there
I work down the street from the guy and I see the bus all the time
so when i drove buy one day last week the top was gone
confronted him and he was very rude and told me to f off a number of times
He sold it from underneath me And he was not going to do anything to make the deal good
his shop is the bug shackk ventura ca
his name is blaze mcfadden

'69Custom Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 am

I was just looking over his ads and didn't care for the attitude in the way he represents himself. Thought I'd follow up and check out feedback to see if that attitude coincided with his sales here.

I've done business with him once and the transaction itself went decently, but I was also given a raving endorsement by him for the company who I ultimately chose to build my engine. That endorsement led me to one of the shadiest operations in VW engine building and the worst of all building experiences.

cfri2899 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 pm

jb71bay wrote: i would not recommend this guy to anybody i liked
We made a deal on a trade
I gave him a 59 montgomery redone single wheel trailer and my back seat from my 71 bay
He gave me the bed and closet from a 73 westy
And the ice box and the top with out the fabric
he did not want take a top off a bus due to the rain and the elliments at the time of the trade
I came by 3 weeks ago a picked up the ice box and the
Top was still there
I work down the street from the guy and I see the bus all the time
so when i drove buy one day last week the top was gone
confronted him and he was very rude and told me to f off a number of times
He sold it from underneath me And he was not going to do anything to make the deal good
his shop is the bug shackk ventura ca
his name is blaze mcfadden

We made a trade at the beginning of the winter of 2010-11 and he left the top at my shop for a year and never said a word because he decided he didn't want it anymore because he was able to fix his sunroof, he was only going to use the top if he couldn't fix it. After a year he came across someone who needed a top and figured he could sell it to them after abandoning it here (I have a 30 day policy on any kind of parts left on premises). He claims 3 weeks, it was actually 6 because he picked up the fridge the Friday before Buses by the Bridge, which was 6 weeks before this incident, not 3. Contradiction, contradiction etc.
I offered him another top but he wanted money, not the top , and wouldn't even look at it.

cfri2899 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 pm

'69Custom wrote: I was just looking over his ads and didn't care for the attitude in the way he represents himself. Thought I'd follow up and check out feedback to see if that attitude coincided with his sales here.

I've done business with him once and the transaction itself went decently, but I was also given a raving endorsement by him for the company who I ultimately chose to build my engine. That endorsement led me to one of the shadiest operations in VW engine building and the worst of all building experiences.

First off, I don't recommend other mechanics because of this exact reason. He's trying to blame me for another mechanics work. Second, he said the transaction went good, so what is the fuss about.

jb71bay Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Blaze blaze
Get your story straight
We all know you and the truth in the county
I'll keep telling a friend
He sold the top for 350
I sold to my buddy , blaze said he had a worse top
I told him I wanted the top he sold or make it good with me and
My buddy. I asked him to give me a 100 to reimburse
My friend. This is when told me to f off.

'69Custom Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 am

cfri2899 wrote: '69Custom wrote: I was just looking over his ads and didn't care for the attitude in the way he represents himself. Thought I'd follow up and check out feedback to see if that attitude coincided with his sales here.

I've done business with him once and the transaction itself went decently, but I was also given a raving endorsement by him for the company who I ultimately chose to build my engine. That endorsement led me to one of the shadiest operations in VW engine building and the worst of all building experiences.

First off, I don't recommend other mechanics because of this exact reason. He's trying to blame me for another mechanics work. Second, he said the transaction went good, so what is the fuss about. You either did or do sell engine's built by JCS. This in itself if a recommendation of their products. In your shop you fully endorsed the quality of their work.

There is no fuss here whatsoever. This is a feedback forum and I'm giving feedback. I don't blame you for the actions of another.

brickhaus Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm

I have to chime in on this, being that I am the person who bought the top off jb71bay almost a year ago, and was told the same story...Blaze requested that we leave the top until I needed it, so he could continue to use the bus for storage and not have to cut it up. I am often at the shop next to Blaze's that a friend of mine runs, and have overheard numerous foul mouthed shouting matches between Mr. Mcfadden and many a disgruntled customer.
I would never recommend Blaze, or the Bug Shakk to anyone. If not for the internet, where face to face contact isn't necessary, he would have probably been out of business by now due to his unprofessional attitude and behavior.
Just another unhappy hoarder who thinks too highly of himself, IMHO.
There's my $0.02.

THESNAKE Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Top notch seller all the way!!! I recently bought a complete 36hp core engine for my 56 oval from Blaze. We spent some time sifting through his collection of engines until I found the one I wanted. I took it home and started to tear it down, and Found that the case under the fan shroud had been poorly welded and cracking around the repair. I had a feeling something like this could possibly happen due to engine being over 50 years old. I called up Blaze and told him what I found, not expecting anything and knowing that I bought a “As is” core, Blaze then offered me another case. That type of service is unheard of now a day. I would highly recommend doing business with him!!!! :D

cfri2899 Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 pm

jb71bay wrote: Blaze blaze
Get your story straight
We all know you and the truth in the county
I'll keep telling a friend
He sold the top for 350
I sold to my buddy , blaze said he had a worse top
I told him I wanted the top he sold or make it good with me and
My buddy. I asked him to give me a 100 to reimburse
My friend. This is when told me to f off.

Just read "Jeff Beckman's" feedback (all negative, cussing people out, not doing refunds, people having take to legal action) and it speaks for itself, you can see what kind of person he is.

My dad always said "Dont throw stones from glass houses"

mickmack Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 pm

fast and serious !
shipping the same day of the paiement
arrived in Paris ( France ) 5 days after



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group