TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bay Window hunting History Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
mannys66 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:01 am

Moderator note:
This thread is for posting recent Bus finds.

This does not typically include Buses you "found" on the Internet, unless you have actually purchased the vehicle.

stever70 wrote: Bus hunting history???
This weekend I got my self a '68 bus. Body is pretty straight, some repair work needed on the floor boards up front. All doors shut PERFECTLY!!!!

stever70 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 am

Sorry for posting my original message in the wrong spot...ooops. Anyways, I know that there has been topics about converting to 4x4. Well that is what is in store for this bus. Should be a fun project (will take a while though) :D

mannys66 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:18 am

that's a very tall order my man, best of luck with it.

mattcuddy Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:20 am

Damn, Manny rollin' into the baywindow forum to start what could be an epic thread. Total post whore. :wink:

stever70 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:18 pm

mannys66 wrote: that's a very tall order my man, best of luck with it.

Of course it is, but if it were easy, Anyone coud do it :lol:

1977_L63H_P27 Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Buy a Synchro Vanagon, a metal shop with lots of fine welding equipment, and you'll be done within a year ;). Have fun!

WhirledTraveller Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 pm

http://vintagebus.com/gallery/image/2101430.JPG

If you have a junkyard wars mentality anything can be done.

stever70 Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

a synchro wont go where I want to go, dont get me wrong, they're pretty good, but i want something a bit more agressive. below is the running gear that will go underneith it. It will be re-powered with a LT1

BUSBOSS Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm

WhirledTrav-

Here ya go:

Zelten Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 pm

stever70 wrote: a synchro wont go where I want to go, dont get me wrong, they're pretty good, but i want something a bit more agressive. below is the running gear that will go underneith it. It will be re-powered with a LT1

I hope it's not a Dana20 two piece rear axle you're gonna use.

chabanais Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Where do you find the Zero G option kit?

BUSBOSS wrote: WhirledTrav-

Here ya go:

Wildthings Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:14 pm

If you are going to chop the sh*$ out of it at least start with a rig that is so far gone that it will never likely be driven again. History has shown that most of these half breed abortions live very short lives, so don't ruin a good restoration candidate to make one.

stever70 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:34 pm

I wanted a body that was half way decent and has to be presmog ('75 or earlier). If someone want to save this one and has an early '70's. we could talk

stever70 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Seattlekombilover wrote: stever70 wrote: a synchro wont go where I want to go, dont get me wrong, they're pretty good, but i want something a bit more agressive. below is the running gear that will go underneith it. It will be re-powered with a LT1

I hope it's not a Dana20 two piece rear axle you're gonna use.

Currently running single piece axels by superior. Will upgrade to DANA 44 or greater later front and rear. Since both axle are current open diffs, they will spin before they break

Freak182 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Not this week specifically, but in the last 4 weeks I've brought home:

and

and just before these, I got this

I love the sister thread over in splitsville, hopefully it will be as successful

78Kombi Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Freak182 wrote:

id so rock those wheels

Pez Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Well somebody didn't read the thread :lol: But good direction to take this thing. I'll post up the Bay I should be picking up soon.

mannys66 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Pez wrote: Well somebody didn't read the thread :lol: But good direction to take this thing. I'll post up the Bay I should be picking up soon.

I was gonna say the same thing, props to freak 182 for bringing back around. LOL

cdennisg Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm looking forward to posting up some finds in this thread. Up till now, I have had to keep my bay finds to myself for fear of isolation and scolding from my split bus brethren. It's a comforting feeling to be able to explore my bay curiosity amongst friends.

Thanks for thinking of those of us on the other side of the wall, Manny.

P.S. The 68 that was the impetus for this thread is much too nice an example to be cut into a 4X4. Find a 73-74 with a roached 1.7 litre. (should not be too hard) Let the early low light bay go to the hands of someone who will appreciate it. If it weren't for the mileage between us, I would consider finding a suitable trade for that bus.

crukab Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:47 am

cdennisg wrote: I'm looking forward to posting up some finds in this thread. Up till now, I have had to keep my bay finds to myself for fear of isolation and scolding from my split bus brethren. It's a comforting feeling to be able to explore my bay curiosity amongst friends.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats some funny Shiat there.
There are a bunch of Bays up here in the Northeast, most are rotted to death, unless they are brought in from the West, or are "Summer Only" Buses.