TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: TheSamba related question
RCB Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

You all know about the green light indicator on the left side of the screen that lets you know that a new post has been added to the thread?? Well once in awhile my computer will burp and even though I know a new posting has been added...all the green lights go blank.
Any ideas on why?

syncrodoka Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:28 am

I've never used that feature so I don't know. It sounds like a question for the site forum though- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Rhinoculips Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:16 am

This happens to me once in awhile. I found that for some reason I was not logged on. Maybe clearing cookies or you are using a different computer that is not set up to automatically sign you in?

DAIZEE Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:19 am

The only burp I hear is when I get a PM. Must try keeping my eyes more open :lol:

RCB Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 am

Rhinoculips wrote: This happens to me once in awhile. I found that for some reason I was not logged on. Maybe clearing cookies or you are using a different computer that is not set up to automatically sign you in?

Interesting..only have the one computer, but I dont log on or log off, Samba is on my favorits list (as it should be :lol: ) and I just click it to go to it. Do youz log in and log out each time you visit

snuf Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Sometimes, only when I have been logged in, while scanning down the Topics, as the cursor arrow would highlight the subject of topic ( different ones every time) I would hear a voice say...
"congratulations, you have won."
This voice comes from the computer speakers, not from my head.

Rhinoculips Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:43 pm

RCB wrote: Rhinoculips wrote: This happens to me once in awhile. I found that for some reason I was not logged on. Maybe clearing cookies or you are using a different computer that is not set up to automatically sign you in?

Interesting..only have the one computer, but I dont log on or log off, Samba is on my favorits list (as it should be :lol: ) and I just click it to go to it. Do youz log in and log out each time you visit

I am like you, TheSamba is on my toolbar and set to log me in automatically, but if my cookies are cleared, I forget I have to log into The Samba again.

SuperSamba Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:07 pm

(Moved from Vanagon forum)

EverettB Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

RCB wrote: You all know about the green light indicator on the left side of the screen that lets you know that a new post has been added to the thread?? Well once in awhile my computer will burp and even though I know a new posting has been added...all the green lights go blank.
Any ideas on why?

Sounds like something glitched, probably your site login cookie.

I've never had this happen but my guess is that clearing your cookies and re-logging in will fix it.

EverettB Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

snuf wrote: Sometimes, only when I have been logged in, while scanning down the Topics, as the cursor arrow would highlight the subject of topic ( different ones every time) I would hear a voice say...
"congratulations, you have won."
This voice comes from the computer speakers, not from my head.

Some other people have reported there are a couple banners that do this - you have to hover over the banner where it says click here for sound though.

draginwagen Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:01 pm

ive had the classifieds set as my home page for 3 years now and that has only happened when i clear my cookies.