TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: strange 1954 interior mirror!
camerod Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:47 pm

I just bought a OG paint black 54 bug that is very original! the interior mirror is very strange..looks like your normal deluxe mirror only the downward bend going through the mount to the mirror head is about a 45 deg. angle instead of the normal 90 deg.
it is also a bit longer?? anyone seen this before? I can P-mail a picture if interested

-cameron

[email protected] Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:52 am

I think you got screwed, I dont think it's a VW mirror at all. Just kidding, I have no idea! I just wanted to remind you about bringing my door to the Okto show, and also was wondering if you had an ignition switch w/ key for my 57. Ric

Trayle D. the real oggfk Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:14 pm

Post a picture of it in the gallery and lets get a look at this strainge animal. Sounds interesting to me. Could just be a period aftermarket replacement product. Who knows. There lots of wierd period replacement parts out there.

camerod Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:43 pm

the gallery ...duh! I just uploaded a pic under parts/accesories-rare..check it out!

ric? what door I have no doors? whats okto?
where?.......just kidding..its still out back collecting rust! I will look for a switch...

Trayle D. the real oggfk Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:14 pm

unfortunatly I only have one word for you.......Homemade. Sorry.

deluxebus Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:39 pm

I just saw the picture in the gallery, This is a rare late 70's add on. It was developed during the afro hair era, to see around the big hair. Only worked if the driver had one, but if the passanger had one you were out of luck. Just kidding, I have no clue what it came from. Good luck!
Bryan