TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: 1000 mile trip in the 53! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
vw7266 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 pm

nice trip glad you made it!

BulletBus Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I've posted a couple pics in the Barndoor gallery of just before I got on the road. Check out that snow!

UZI Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 pm

i hope you ran the hose on it today to get off all the salt or you'll be doing the reverse route back to rusthaven for rust repair

BulletBus Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm gonna scrub it down real good tomorrow. And if I do go back to Rust Haven, it will defiantely be in the summer time!

empiracer Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 pm



That Bus is a Beauty !!

hugheseum Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:11 pm

cool trip/story.......your crazy.......like a fox

ricekooker Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:24 am

Awesome trip! Congrats on the bus!

andre b Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:04 am

That's fckn nuts.congrats on the trip,you think that cool of a bus would of sold right away,it sat on the market for the longest time,,somethings are just ment to be,,,enjoy...

BulletBus Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks man. Yeah, it blows my mind. I was trying to figure out how to get it when it first came on the market. Then there was a price drop and things got real crazy here at my house. My wife pretty much worked out all the lagistics on how to get it done. She is the best. Oh, and it was her idea to "just fly up there and drive it back."

Blauhaus Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 am

Love this bus! Glad it's in Florida and not across the pond. Hope to see it at some upcoming shows! 27 hours – that's herculean! That hatch is D-licious...

SkooobaSteve Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

BulletBus wrote: "just fly up there and drive it back."

Great woman right there :D

JLevassiur Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 am

BulletBus wrote: My wife pretty much worked out all the lagistics on how to get it done. She is the best. Oh, and it was her idea to "just fly up there and drive it back."
wow. it was a cool story. then I read that. awesome story!

andre b Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 am

BulletBus wrote: Thanks man. Yeah, it blows my mind. I was trying to figure out how to get it when it first came on the market. Then there was a price drop and things got real crazy here at my house. My wife pretty much worked out all the lagistics on how to get it done. She is the best. Oh, and it was her idea to "just fly up there and drive it back." that's rad,,it sounds like there both keepers///hope to see it at some shows,

twinwindows Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 am

BulletBus wrote: George Schmitt built the 36 horse.

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh........ (In the baby Jesus voice)

clnvwe2 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Congrats on the bus Vince!!! Are you planning on driving it to NDBS? [-o<

Rick Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 pm

wow, that is the haul of the year I think. Way to go! there should be a little trophy for you to put on your bus that you get to keep until someone else does an even more insane drive, though this one will be very tough to beat. I love the 5 btu heater! you might as well had that thing on the roof :roll:

low54 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Glad you made it back ok thats pretty long drive in a barndoor :D

sloans265 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm

UZI wrote: i hope you ran the hose on it today to get off all the salt or you'll be doing the reverse route back to rusthaven for rust repair

Living on the Gulf Coast, thats something we have to do on a weekly basis. Thats why most busses are brought into, not found in this area :x

BulletBus Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Yep, I shoulda put the heater on the roof. Although that would've created more drag and slowed me down even more! It didn't do much, but without it, I don't think I would have made it as fast as I did.

I am planning on driving to the NDBS for sure. That will be a nice first show. Hopefully the other East Coast Barndoor guys will be there also. I'm really looking forward to a warmer, shorter trip!

SkooobaSteve Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Now that you have the barndoor are you ever going to finish your 58 lol



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group