TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: SyncroFest - April 21st - 24th, 2011 Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
svxcarat Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 am

I am glad to hear there will be an event put on by a group of people that have made other off road gatherings a lot of fun for myself and others. Can't wait to support / sponsor / volunteer
hope to see ya there
Marco

=======================================

April 21, 2011 - April 24, 2011 - SyncroFest
Hollister, California

www.syncrofest.com is a Syncro Vanagon themed campout. We welcome all vw vans however. The event is held at Hollister Hills SVRA. The main focus of the event is off road driving on the trails of the park. Come on out and see what a vanagon syncro is capable of!

Williamtaylor33 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:53 am

I'm making plans to come. Look forward to it.

16CVs Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 am

Will there be an official invitation here on The Samba ?

Stacy

vwlovr Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:36 am

i think Seth is working on something, but for now the website is up with a little info...

http://syncrofest.com/

shaun0008 Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:36 am

I can only attend one Syncro event this year. And I was really glad to hear the Seth and his group are putting on this event. This I think will be the one to attend, I am tottaly put off by the bullying attitude of head of the other group and I just want to go to a event that was as fun as last year.

toomanyveedubs Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 pm

=D>

Syncronicity Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 pm

There is a slim chance that I may be able to attend my first Syncro event in Hollister this year. After all I've read and heard, I will opt for the Syncrofest. Good luck with the event. =D>
But I am really looking forward to the Moab event, if it comes together, only because it is so much closer to home and I love Utah. :D

toomanyveedubs Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Syncronicity wrote: There is a slim chance that I may be able to attend my first Syncro event in Hollister this year. After all I've read and heard, I will opt for the Syncrofest. Good luck with the event. =D>
But I am really looking forward to the Moab event, if it comes together, only because it is so much closer to home and I love Utah. :D

for our family the road trip is half the fun, we drove down from Vancouver BC Last year and really enjoyed the Oregon Coast. We spent 6 days driving, and only two 1/2 days at the event :!:

Beetsport Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Where are there for sure !!! \:D/ =D> \:D/

Glad all the :agrue: has rested.. :lol:

DAIZEE Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm

KEWL :!: You've laid down definite plans and you are all moving on. Wish I weren't so far away but I'll be looking for pics and videos for sure. Congratulations.

syncrodoka Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm

I am looking forward to the event. :D
I will definately be volunteering to help out with some stuff- especially the WC cup.

stclair411 Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Dang. My wife's family vacation is in Kentucky from 4/23-4/27. I had been trying to convince her to head out West after for Syncro de Mayo. I had no idea there had been such issues. I guess I was under a rock or something. I won't be able to make the SyncroFest, and don't want to go to Syncro de Mayo if it's got a negative vibe. I guess I'll just cruise south, and make my own fun. I'll look forward to pictures!

VWhead Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I saw the website and it looks great!
Very happy to see this happen.
Can't wait for Syncro Fest 2011! :D :D

kamzcab86 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:52 pm

On my calendar! That's a busy month, but I'll sure try hard to make it... provided 2WD's are welcome to come. 8-[

crazyvwvanman Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 pm

According to the info page 2wd vans are welcome at SyncroFest.

http://syncrofest.com/info/

Mark

kamzcab86 wrote: On my calendar! That's a busy month, but I'll sure try hard to make it... provided 2WD's are welcome to come. 8-[

whynotvw Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:03 pm

sounds fun, i'll do my best to make it out there.

Tristar Eric Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm there! woohoo!

izzydog Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm

SyncroFest will rock! Since its the same people who put on SDM for the last 2 years, it should be amazing.

DWC Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 pm

SyncroFest?
I'm cool with off road events and all, but come on guys, I know 2WD Vanagons and other "European" 4 wheel drives are invited, but the Vanagon, Vanagon/Westfalia, Vanagon/Weekender, Vanagon/ Syncro, Vanagon/Doka community is not all that big these days - why don't we have just a general "Vanagon" event?

Herr Motorspiele Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Quote: Dang. My wife's family vacation is in Kentucky from 4/23-4/27. I had been trying to convince her to head out West after for Syncro de Mayo. I had no idea there had been such issues. I guess I was under a rock or something. I won't be able to make the SyncroFest, and don't want to go to Syncro de Mayo if it's got a negative vibe. I guess I'll just cruise south, and make my own fun. I'll look forward to pictures!

Stclair411,
We can always organize an east coast Syncro event!
:wink:

I look forward to pictures too!