TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Windshields for VW 411/412
four-one-one Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:44 am

Hi,
in Germany since last year windscreens for the VW 411/412 types produced in the following models:
Windscreen of laminated glass, tinted
Windscreen of laminated glass and tinted with green wedge
Windscreen of laminated glass clear

Does this windshield in South Africa?
Autoglass is Manufacturer in Germany:
www.carglass.de

best regards
Wilhelm

Please excuse my bad English.

ubercrap Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks for the website information Wilhelm. Are you asking if the company will ship to South Africa or if they are made there?

four-one-one Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:59 am

Hi,
Thank you for your interest. I will ask if you are at CARGLASS in Germany and set the answer here. In addition to the front wheels, we have also rear springs and textile interior sets nachproduzieren leave. The springs are harder than the originals, thereby hang the VW 411 and 412 back no longer. Again at the moment is a campaign by Federnnachbauten. The address of the manufacturer I present here are a under the appropriate heading.
What are the import tariff provisions are found in South Africa?
More information are also here: www.aircooled-nation.com/forum
There I found under "four-one-one. "
Many greetings to the South
Wilhelm

sbritt Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:33 am

Did you say you have interior carpet kits for 411/412s? If so, what are your prices? Do you also have rubber mats?

Thanks!
Stephan

four-one-one Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:37 am

Hi,
are the indoor carpet it the following suppliers: www.dgs-autoteppiche.de (DGS-carpet company in Germany) or www.autoteppich.de (from Arnold, Germany). Complete interior carpet equipment costs at the company for a DGS VW 411 sedan approx € 180.00 in very good quality. The company had given me samples DGS carpets and then finished. With the company Arnold the carpets are more expensive. But quality is about the same.
Best regards
Wilhelm

sbritt Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks so much for the info, Wilhelm.

Very much appreciated!
Stephan

four-one-one Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 am

Hi,
here I have found another supplier for the front wheels for the VW models 411 and 412. It supplies but not to South Africa. If someone has interest from South Africa, he would even arrange for the shipment. Sometimes here exported from Germany from the seaport Bremerhaven truck or car to South Africa, perhaps then the discs would be available as an insert package.

Art.-Nr.: 8512ACL
Frontscheibe klar
Unser Angebot: 199,95 € netto

Art.-Nr.: 8512ACLBL
Frontscheibe klar mit Blaukeil
Unser Angebot: 204,95 € netto

Art.-Nr.: 8512ACLGN
Frontscheibe klar mit Grünkeil

Art.-Nr.: 8512AGN
Frontscheibe grün getönt

Art.-Nr.: 8512AGNBL
Frontscheibe grün getönt mit Blaukeil
Unser Angebot: 209,95 € netto

Lieferzeit: 6 – 8 Wochen, da Scheibe neu produziert wird.

Transportkosten in Germany:

Per Nachtexpress (Anlieferungsmöglichkeit in der Nacht muss vorhanden sein) 40,00 € netto,
Versand per Spedition 75,00 € netto inkl. Transportversicherung und Sonderverpackung oder
Abholung in Köln (Nähe Köln/Bonn Flughafen) ist selbstverständlich auch möglich.

Wir würden uns freuen, wenn Ihnen unser Angebot zusagt. Gerne beantworten wir Ihnen weitere Fragen.

Mit besten Grüßen
Ihr
Classic Autoglas® Team
Karsten Vollberg

Albin-Köbis-Straße 18
D-51147 Köln/Germany
Telefon: 0049/1803 / 822 002

Schauen Sie doch mal rein:
www.classic-autoglas.com

jeff denham Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Hello everyone, does anybody know if these new windshields can still be had in germany? from this company called classic auto glass, just wondering, i could use one, I'm sure it would be quite pricey, and would a front W S rubber be hard to find as well??, ok thank you for your time, if any one can shed some light on this it would be much appreciate your views, thank you much.

jeff d.

Kharon8 Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:43 am

Don't know if these German companies still exist but (for me a local company) here in Finland is making them.

There was some discussion about this subject just recently.

Windshield: Kuttilan autolasi

Kuttilan Autolasi Oy | KANUNKI, Finland
Phone 02-7347673
(+358-2-347673 if calling outside Finland, english at least understood)

Unfortunately they don't have email or website, but they do send glasses globally. And they have moulds for 411/412 windshield, I've asked, about 200 euros (includes VAT 25%). Freight of course is separate item. For me it's so near (~100km) that it's cheaper to visit.

Seals:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647521&start=20

four-one-one Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:54 am

Hello, here the Link:

http://www.classic-autoglas.com/vw-411412-typ-4-frontscheibe/1183

jeff denham Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:53 pm

thank you samba people for your time :wink:

MarcVoss Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:46 pm

After 50 years now, the windshield has a lot of small impacts. There were no scratches, but at night or before sunset, as many stars were visible as in the clear evening sky. Since I don't want to be restricted by something like that and my eyes won't get better with age, I ordered a new windshield. This, of course, must be laminated glass and - as a precaution against the blinding sun below - with a green wedge. That matches with the color of the car, of course. 8)
The delivery time was about 5 months, so it has to be planned well.
Here in Munich (Germany), I chose the Freudenberger company, known by me for a long time and now part of the Saint-Gobain Group, the third largest manufacturer.
The installation was done in a few hours, the team was uncomplicated, friendly and courteous.
Everyone enjoyed the car, neighbors and passers-by too.

T h i s is the Link to the social network starting with a F.
And h e r e a single Picture. Because of the Copyright only as a link.

And when you want to visit the homepage of the Freudenberger GmbH click h e r e.

raygreenwood Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:11 pm

MarcVoss wrote: After 50 years now, the windshield has a lot of small impacts. There were no scratches, but at night or before sunset, as many stars were visible as in the clear evening sky. Since I don't want to be restricted by something like that and my eyes won't get better with age, I ordered a new windshield. This, of course, must be laminated glass and - as a precaution against the blinding sun below - with a green wedge. That matches with the color of the car, of course. 8)
The delivery time was about 5 months, so it has to be planned well.
Here in Munich (Germany), I chose the Freudenberger company, known by me for a long time and now part of the Saint-Gobain Group, the third largest manufacturer.
The installation was done in a few hours, the team was uncomplicated, friendly and courteous.
Everyone enjoyed the car, neighbors and passers-by too.

T h i s is the Link to the social network starting with a F.
And h e r e a single Picture. Because of the Copyright only as a link.

And when you want to visit the homepage of the Freudenberger GmbH click h e r e.

FANTASTIC!

Thank you! I will be looking through this. Ray

Hawker Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:44 am

Ray,

Pilkington in the U.K. have a similar service.

https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/makes-and-models/volkswagen

Best regards,

Rob

hulken Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:31 am

Here is my new windshield, bought last summer.

MarcVoss Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:55 am

The code on my windshield:

And the car at daylight:

Driving at night - now, I can enjoy it really.

Pepperbilly Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:51 am

Marc,

So ein schoenes 411!! Sorry, I have no umlauts on my keyboard. Your bumper rubber is so nice. I am looking for bumper rubber front and rear. Any idea where I can get good rubber? It is the hardest thing to find!

Bill

MarcVoss Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:06 pm

Thank you Bill,
When I get the car exactly two years ago, the front bumper rubber was in poor condition. There has one offer been on eBay, I bought this, it was a new one. And until now I’ve never seen any offer again.