TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: MY Ecotec Baja ReBuild Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wheel_Works Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:50 pm

I put a message in to my wiring guy. I will be running a OBDII port under the dash as well.
Took the Baja back to Dan Baudoux Motorsports this am. Going +10 out the front, +8 on the beam width and +4 on the arms. Gonna get Fox 2.0 Coilovers

Mr. Unpopular Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Most of the car tuners offer them. Check out bullydog, edge, some others aren't coming to mind right now.

It seems expensive until you add up how many gauges and senders you can buy for $200 (it aint many).

Ed ke6bnl Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Florida_Buggy wrote: Most of the car tuners offer them. Check out bullydog, edge, some others aren't coming to mind right now.

It seems expensive until you add up how many gauges and senders you can buy for $200 (it aint many).

I know exactly what you are saying I have something like I want called a scan gauge II but I did not see a listing for the ecotec usually the ones I have seen are for trucks. so if you know of one for the ecotec $200 or less is the ball park figure I am looking for thanks ED

Mr. Unpopular Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:45 am

Well as far as I've seen, most are tuners, and only list specific applications for tuning, but the one's I've seen will show gauge data for any OBD2 application since the bit stream is standardized.

Ed ke6bnl Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 am

I have since found an app for the android phone that uses a wireless sending unit that is put in the obd2 and give the information available that the computer has or will use the phones GPS for speed and acceleration and some other data the web site is www.torque-bhp
and this video shows it on a car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-ZvTn3fLo&feature=related

Mr. Unpopular Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 pm

That looks promising. The only thing I'd be worried about is having your phone out in the elements during a ride.

Something else promising about this is if you want a bigger screen, you can get a Barnes and Noble Nook Color. It's basically a smaller Ipad, but it runs on android. We bought my wife one and I hacked it to give it full use of the Android Marketplace so it will run almost any app. The bad thing about that is the Nook doesn't have a GPS.

Wheel_Works Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:38 pm

My brother has one of these and it does work. Clears codes also he said

72BajaBen Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 am

Florida_Buggy wrote: That looks promising. The only thing I'd be worried about is having your phone out in the elements during a ride.

Something else promising about this is if you want a bigger screen, you can get a Barnes and Noble Nook Color. It's basically a smaller Ipad, but it runs on android. We bought my wife one and I hacked it to give it full use of the Android Marketplace so it will run almost any app. The bad thing about that is the Nook doesn't have a GPS.

Dave...The other thing is that the Nook Color doesnt have bluetooth either.

Mr. Unpopular Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am

Ah yes, not sure how I overlooked that part.

Wheel_Works Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

My brother operates his off his Droid X

Wheel_Works Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Well it's been a while. Went to Dan today to work on my Baja. Here's what's done.
+10" on the Wheelbase and +8 on the beam

After I cut the bulkhead out

Wheel_Works Sun May 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Got some more done on it. Slow but coming along

Arms are monster .180 wall cromo

dixon_cass Sun May 15, 2011 5:11 pm

that bad boy is lookin tough :shock:

Wheel_Works Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks

tanner_122 Sun May 15, 2011 7:43 pm

off topic but that SC truck by ur baja looks so funny with out its pannels hahaha :lol:

Wheel_Works Mon May 16, 2011 3:33 am

I wish that was mine..That short course is just awesome.

riNR Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 am

Did you get the baja all back together?

motorbreath53 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 am

Wow... this looks awesome. Hope yer' still working on it...

Wheel_Works Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Well RINR not enough but yes. Took couple vacations this summer and bought a 31' Motorhome. I will be back to work @ it soon though hard @ it. Most all the parts are here and ready to go. Here's how she currently looks

riNR Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 am

Is Dan Bedeaux still around? I was trying to find his website and couldn't find it any where.