TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Who is the Guru?
George Meyer Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:07 am

I am doing my first VW restoration and I am stuck on where to look for NOS or really mint condition floor matts. Sounds easy right? Well...my bug is a 61
L 380 Turqouise with an Ice Blue interior. That combination came with turqouise floor matts, shift boot, and e-brake boot. I found the e-brake boot, so at least I have a start. Can anyone help me with a name of someone or a place that may have anything like that? Getting it right would be pretty cool! Come on V Dub guys...somewhere my matts are collecting dust!
THANKS

56_in_714 Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:15 am

Try checking with wolfsburg west, westcoast metric, or BFY. I havent checked personally but worth a try....hope it helps

Mark Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:38 am

...or even try putting out an ad for those items here in the classifieds.

George Meyer Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:28 pm

Thanks guys! I have tried Wolfsburg West, West Coast Metric and BFY. Turquoise running boards are available and also fender bead. The other interior stuff is rare as rare can get. Placing and ad is a great idea and exactly why I put out a plea to you all. Look for my ad soon and if you think of anything else please let me know. THANKS AGAIN! George

56_in_714 Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:41 am

glad to help buddy

ODCUSTOMS Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:10 am

George get ahold of Lenny Copps at West Coast Classic restorations. he deals in alot of the really hard to find pieces like your Turqouise interior stuff. I have a set of the original stuff, but nothing brand new.

George Meyer Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:03 pm

You know...I think I will e-mail Lenny Copp. I contacted him when I was looking for my accessory paint formulas. He didn't know them, but told me what he would do to come up with them. He was very helpful. I live in Phoenix and would like to have him do my interior anyway. It takes me about six hours to drive to his shop. So distance isn't too bad. What kind of shape is your stuff in? Thanks for responding!

Skim Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:24 am

I got the split window tan rubber inside floor mats from Lenny. I'd give him a shot.

George Meyer Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:56 am

Thanks guys...WOW, tan matts for a split! I e-mailed him last night. I've asked him questions before and he is pretty cool about responding / sharing.