TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Jerome Jamboree XXI - Sept. 16-18, 2011 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
azbob Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:13 am

Super fun weekend. You know you've done it right when your camp site wins "The most interesting camp site" award. :twisted:

Not the best pics but it's something...

Gassing up in Prescott:

Driving up the hill.

The awesome view:

Start em young!

Walter scared the crap out of me!

Really awesome weekend. Lots of new friends and faces. Best time in a long time.

I've got more but the MAN requires my time and my dime. Now back to reality... Damn you Monday....

psych-illogical Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 am

Bumpdy bump. Couldn't make it this year. Hows about some more photos?

ArcadiaBBQ Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Found some pics online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellenjo/sets/72157627693892412/

Now I know there's more out there! Come on and share the goods.

Thanks for the pic of my Square.

SpudlyHotPotato Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I was there:

The neighbor with the green bus on our right shared breakfast with me on Saturday morning. The neighbor with the trailer won the "Late bus camper" award:

I adored this bug and its paint job:

Kids were partying it up on the second floor of Walter all day and night:

Lots of folks "circled the wagens" like this:

This was a view from the top of Walter. In the background is the ghost town which actually has some working buildings. There was a giant round wheel in one of the buildings that rotated and did something, making backfiring popping noises several times a few times a day and a choo-choo train pipe would go off. We never made it up there to see what was going on up there, but those random sound effects made it feel a little like Disneyland or a clock tower going off on the regular:

Another view from Walter:

Walter was mega-appealing mid-day when the misters came on:

And he was quite a spectacle at night, a live band played in front of him (they all had to sit high up on various-height ladders) and the speakers pumped throughout camp for a very lively audience:

He even had green laser lights coming out at all angles, coloring all the nearby bugs and buses with green starry spots. So phenomenally cool. There were loads of stars in the sky and fires in VW fire pits everywhere:

It was a lovely peaceful event that went without a hitch. I ate a ton of shave ice and walked around in a floppy hat. Only met a couple other Vanagon owners, folks came in groups with families and friends and sometimes it sort of felt like if we walked into their camp to say hi, it would be intrusive. It was our first time. We did however have one guy come by to tell us he loved our van, and his whole family who always hated Vanagon Westfalias and called them "Westfailures" would never say that again. That was nice :)

azbob Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Here's two more I got of that wicked Squareback.

That was your's ArcadiaBBQ? Pretty badass ride.

ArcadiaBBQ Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 pm

azbob wrote: That was your's ArcadiaBBQ? Pretty badass ride.

Yah that's my baby. Thank you

Omarimos Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Some pictures from the show:

http://dhpvw.com/blog/?p=573

Good times.