TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Operation X Volksrod Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
VOLKSWAGNUT Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 am

Im looking into plastidip for Operation X.. maybe put a fresh bowtie on an old turd... :lol:

vaughn bros. wrote: The Vaughn's are Still watching.

Thanks guys... ..

I sure love where yours is headed... :wink:
Stick to it.. .

TDCTDI Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:20 am

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: Im looking into plastidip for Operation X.. maybe put a fresh bowtie on an old turd... :lol:

Plastidip is the temporary tattoo of the automotive world :lol: , it works great, if you get bored of it, just peel it off. Just like regular paint, the brighter colors will tend to fade quicker, the neon colors & reds are especially guilty of this.

VOLKSWAGNUT Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

TDCTDI wrote: VOLKSWAGNUT wrote: Im looking into plastidip for Operation X.. maybe put a fresh bowtie on an old turd... :lol:

Plastidip is the temporary tattoo of the automotive world :lol: ,.

Yep... Perfect... and .. its cheap.. :wink:

I'll have to mix my own blend of color.. but.. it's doable..

TDCTDI Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
I'll have to mix my own blend of color.

Maybe not, check out "dipyourcar.com"

VOLKSWAGNUT Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 am

Hmmmm.. they have a nice variety. Thanks.

VOLKSWAGNUT Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:43 am

sigh... Happy Friday 13th..

Shit.. nuff said..

vaughn bros. Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Hmmm 😒

vaughn bros. Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:05 am

Have you just laid down, given all care to the wind, and started watching the clouds roll by? 😀

VOLKSWAGNUT Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 am

Funny thing.. life is.. :lol:

So.. bought a windshield last year... had it cut .. it cracked at the top center during cutting.. but it was under the seal so.. didnt bother me...

Had to tend to the home longer than expected.. to get some things semi completed.. still have more to go..

I actually started to put the windshield in in a few weeks ago.. and it cracked further .. right down the middle :? :2gunfire:

Plans are.. get another soon .. and try again...

My job is in the middle of a major change.. .. basically.. after 17 years .. with my current employer.. they have suddenly ( like in the last week) decided not to continue to sell GM vehicles.. Which basically means to me.. .,.. no support from GM on the service side anymore and that also means all the free warranty stuff will go elsewhere.. It will cut my pay by 3/4 .. not good.
After 25 years of practicing auto mechanics with one manufacturer it has put a little tilt in my mental system.. I have offers coming in left and right as good seasoned trained techs are not easy to find.. So that simply means... the brown car is not top priority..

If I happen to call it quits... Ill have some down time to regroup.. :wink:

All is good.. I am actually quite calm about the whole thing.... it is out of my hands.. I feel my calmness rather than the typical panic mode means.. something brighter awaits me in the future..

Plus.. in the middle of every thing else.. I've been working on this in my spare time, what little there is, with my Pop :wink:

The Whinder Binder

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQooZf2woOg7kKdGwzHm9qPRByLhrDbNh