TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Calling all Barndoors Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
BUCIOBATISTI Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

Barndoor Mafia Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:39 pm

RockStock wrote: Barndoor Mafia wrote: The biggest surprise for me this weekend was seeing Little Carlos' 54 Deluxe!! JODER!!!
plse can someone post some more pics up of Lil Carlos' dlx? i can't see many of it

Chris, these are the only pictures I took. I haven't seen his bus in easily 10 years or so??? It was a real shocker for most of us to see it there! Any hoot, Carlos is down for next year's gathering.

Chris, you need to come over next year and take some pictures of your own :wink:

Barndoor Mafia Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

Linda, were these the guys we used to ship out my Westy out to Rotterdam?? If so, I'd highly recommend this company.

BUCIOBATISTI Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Barndoor Mafia wrote: BUCIOBATISTI wrote: For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

Linda, were these the guys we used to ship out my Westy out to Rotterdam?? If so, I'd highly recommend this company.

I believe so, but I'm not positive. We shipped all of those Buses to Holland through the same company.

Barndoor Mafia Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 pm

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: Barndoor Mafia wrote: BUCIOBATISTI wrote: For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

I believe so, but I'm not positive. We shipped all of those Buses to Holland through the same company.

Yup. Same one. I'd use these guys again. JODER!

EverettB Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Quote: Lil Carlos' dlx

Same one I believe... OCTO 1999

Barndoor Mafia Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Yup Ev, same bus. ^^^^^^

EA57RHD Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:50 pm

A few more shots of Carlos 54 Deluxe

wheelert69 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Busfarmer wrote: There's always safety and support in numbers. I would like to see the bay area, canada, nor cal and the idaho peaople all combine a caravan. We can show the BDM what a hit really is.

The Idaho Barndoor bus pilot is in for a nice slow migration south.

Long-roofs Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 pm

I am in, unless I die, sell my Bus or run out of money. The make-over has begun, Firestones are paid for...Leaving out of Spokane, looking to caravan with?

Plums Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:02 am

Barndoor Mafia wrote: BUCIOBATISTI wrote: Barndoor Mafia wrote: BUCIOBATISTI wrote: For any of you who might want a good suggestion for a shipping company, I personally use and always recommend CFR Lines in Paramount, California. They've handled shipping on my own personal cars in the past and have shipped cars to just about every place you can imagine for customers as well. You can find them at www.cfrline.com Their prices have always been competitive and I've never had a problem with them. Most guys I know who ship stuff internationally use them.

Yup. Same one. I'd use these guys again. JODER!

Thanks for your help with this guys :wink: All I need to do now is sort it out :shock:

Sean.

Rick Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 am

drpete wrote: Rick wrote: hmm. That gives me one year to get something ready. Of course if I make it I will be driving a stock 36hp from the bay area. No trailer for me. This would be a great adventure for my very first OCTO! Anyone else driving (slow) from the north? Andre? Greg and Clara?
A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!
If I can do it so can you Pete! I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy anyway so I'll be shaking sweating the farther I get from Santa Cruz! The only thing that will sustain me is large numbers of barndoors in close proximity.... :D

Lowdown Dirty Rat Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 am

Pretty sure I'll be attending this meet.
However, almost defiantly as a lurker as my bus won't be in a fit state for an ocean voyage this time. If it was it would defiantly be coming over. A states visit was already on it's cards. Maybe next record attempt?
But if some of the euro buses do make it over then I hope you know we will be expecting some US buses at one of the up and coming European record attempts :wink:

Hope gerson and splitpartsunlimited are prepared for a sudden surge in orders :)

drpete Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 am

Rick wrote: I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy.....:D
No doubt about it, we gotta get you out of the house more often. :wink: And if it takes a Barndoor caravan to SoCal to get you on the road, so be it.

Barndoor Mafia Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am

Rick wrote: drpete wrote: A year, eh? I'll be there.....just not sure I'll drive mine that far though it sounds like a real adventure. But a caravan sounds like a great trip!
If I can do it so can you Pete! I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy anyway so I'll be shaking sweating the farther I get from Santa Cruz! The only thing that will sustain me is large numbers of barndoors in close proximity.... :D

A year in advance is a good heads up. If both you, Rick, and Pete have the drive ............ you can get them road worthy. You don't have to worry about a caravan down, the Bus Farmers got that sorted out and by the looks of it, I won't doubt these guys will double their numbers from the previous cruise down.

Long-roofs wrote: I am in, unless I die, sell my Bus or run out of money. The make-over has begun, Firestones are paid for...Leaving out of Spokane, looking to caravan with?

AWESOME Eric! Lind-O-Calrisian or Beef Cake Bruno can ride shot gun!? When the time gets closer and folks have a better idea on their plans ........... your caravan hook up will come through.

drpete wrote: Rick wrote: I'm the reclusive never-leave-my-house guy.....:D
No doubt about it, we gotta get you out of the house more often. :wink: And if it takes a Barndoor caravan to SoCal to get you on the road, so be it.

Both you guys ........... don't be like certain element who's up in here! :wink: You will both have a good time. Just the thought alone of a massive Barndoor Caravan down here is a good enough reason to participate.

Barndoor Mafia Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Regardless Sean, hope you can make it over. It will be worth it!! REALLY :wink:

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote: Pretty sure I'll be attending this meet.
However, almost defiantly as a lurker as my bus won't be in a fit state for an ocean voyage this time. If it was it would defiantly be coming over. A states visit was already on it's cards. Maybe next record attempt?
But if some of the euro buses do make it over then I hope you know we will be expecting some US buses at one of the up and coming European record attempts :wink:

Mate, it's really inexpensive for Euro's to venture out to the "Colonies". I get jealous at times or say to myself ........" I remember those days ", when Euro's are here talking about how inexpensive it is for them to be here. So this would be an easy task for you to sort out! It's well worth the trip. Aside from this Barndoor Line Up, you will see both cars and stuff you've never seen before. And during the week prior there are TONS of Open Houses fiestas, bbq's, cruises and what!? The list is endless.

If any of you guys do venture out, I will organize a private tour of a private collectionS I know of which will knock your knickers off! REALLY! This guy has TONS of stuff, never brings them out nor has anyone over. I can get a private tour. So that is just another flavor into the mix.

As time gets closer I will help anyone out plan their holiday. So with this said, TIM & SCOTTY!!! You have NO excuses now!!! REALLY :wink:

mpribanic Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 pm

low54 wrote: How about roll on roll of to brunswick florida drive across and ship the buses back home from california :D

Brunswick is in Georgia, not far from Florida. Brunswick is 30 miles north of the Georgia/Florida Border and maybe 50 miles from Jacksonville and the I-10. The I-10 goes directly to L.A. Porsche, VW, Mercedes, etc utilize the Brunswick port.

LMK if I can offer any assistance, I am in Neptune Beach, Florida(Jacksonville) About 50-70 miles south of the Port of Brunswick.

buzz n maz Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm

barndoormambo wrote: Barndoor Mafia wrote: BulletBus wrote: I'm up. I may drive from Florida, but I don't want to be the only one driving from the East Coast. So, if someone else is heading West, we can caravan over. This is gonna be so badass. 8) About 2100 miles.

You should talk to MaHk Rafferty. He's ventured across from Florida several times. Give him a gingle. He is aware of this event.

streetwagens wrote: Do miles in a ship count? 8)

Of course it does Mate! That would be AWESOME if you guys made the voyage out to the "Colonies" in your Buses!!!!

Scotty .......... here is your chance mate. I've spoke to Bear in Spacebook and he & Andrew are all for it!! REALLY.

Plums wrote: A British invasion would be great :D
As Scotty said Mmmmmmmm

Like I said, we haven't had a serious British Invasion in some time. This is also open to anyone who would like to participate. I know most of you British Barndoor owners and you guys know I will welcome you with open arms, But you have to buy me a pint, not Corona because we don't drink that piss! It's for the tourists. REALLY! :wink:

This year gap gives everyone enough time to either plan their holiday or get their Barndoor project ready for the event.

..now THAT's food for thought! :D 8)

can this be a dry run ..... as there are a few of us saving to do this in 2014... you guys going to make it??? 3 years to save!!

barndoormambo Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

As time gets closer I will help anyone out plan their holiday. So with this said, TIM & SCOTTY!!! You have NO excuses now!!! REALLY :wink:

..oh, i'm SURE i can think of SOMETHING! :wink: :roll: :twisted: :lol:

..( have got the date on me calendar & will be speaking to Scotty , Bear
et al re flights & admin :) )..

Fonz Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 am

Want to try and get out for this if I can.

Doubt I'd be able to bring the bus though.