TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Karma - Part it forward Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
campism Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:49 pm

campism wrote: Not a dream freebie, to be sure, but if you're broke and your tank leaks you could do worse. Shipping probably not practical, but I might be able to meet you halfway between Richmond and (your location here).

Tank has been claimed. No interest from here but a FREE ad on CL did the trick and some local guy got it.

dlb154 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:14 am

Free non-vw jump seat - see classified ad:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2388792

TheArmand Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Free (x3) headlight adjusters for square headlights. 100% brand new. Cost $20+ at GoWesty. $7 shipped or free pickup in Malibu, CA. PM me. First come first serve.

View photo here: https://ucab5c4fa606793482e82a6577b9.previews.drop...ize_mode=5

fxr Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Free - Fully working Dometic fridge:

From my ad in the classifieds:

Fully working Dometic fridge from '84 Westy, recently all cleaned out. Complete with new quiet fan on the condenser and two fans inside on the evaporator (manually switched). Pick up only Bay area, or can meet within a reasonable radius.

Fridge gone, but:

The outer door in brown trim will be $30 if required.

Reason for disposal - Truckfridge TF65 now installed. :)

Pictures of door if really needed are in the ad:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2392963
And door gone.

sphet Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 am

I have these two 83.5 front-seat frames from a Westfalia.

Gone.

tim_ha Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:37 am

Free to anyone who can use it: Vanagon rear heater with cover. It worked fine when I ripped it out years ago. No signs of leaking. Pickup only in Boulder, CO. Iím moving in 2 weeks hoping to have it gone by then.

chompy Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 am

Free water tank and bracket from 81 westfalia.

Pickup in Portland.

Send me a message!

SyncroBouree Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:03 pm

DONE: The alloys have been adopted into a good home and CL ad taken down

Five Volkswagen Vanagon 14in Alloys (w/o caps now -- spoken for.) While most of the tires have some tread and the sidewalls are unchecked, they should be considered spent.

While not show quality, they were not abused.

seedsca Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 pm

I've got a radiator that worked fine when I replaced it 4 years ago. Been sitting and need to clean up space. Also have an original bumper and some random parts box. Mostly from an 83.5 vanagon. Some things from an 87. Ask for details if you wanna know more. Local pickup in Topanga Canyon, Ca.

kiltedhiker Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Spare tire from my 1990 Syncro. 14" wheel tire R185/14C

Located in Sacramento, California

dhaavers Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Sweet wheel...someone will need it.

OTOH, tire looks like a goner...what's the date code on the other side?

- Dave

jimf909 Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:56 pm

^^^ I was going to say that that tire looks like it's days before date codes on tires but I learned tire date codes began in 1971...

https://www.cokertire.com/blog/tire-age

kiltedhiker Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Tire date code on above is 4904 49th week of 2004 Tire is too old for use. Rim is still good!

tikiman71 Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:59 am

Some random free parts that need to go to a good home:

stock Vanagon ECU shield (complimentary rust),

stock JDM Subaru EJ22 motor mounts and plastic motor cover,

front brake calipers from '87 Vanagon (Removed when upgrading to big brakes several years ago. They are slightly crusty but worked fine when removed),

a set of 5 lug nuts and bolts for stock Vanagon steel wheels,

and a pair of round Omega-brand headlights with 55w lamps and rear rubber boots.

I would prefer pickup in the San Diego area, but will ship if you pay for shipping or supply a prepaid shipping label.

Thanks!

Jennybenny Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:59 pm

Two nearly new replica non power vanagon side mirrors.

They donít flop, but neither are convex (bus depot accidentally sent the wrong one for the passenger side, and did me a solid and sent another for free with no hassle when I tried to buy a replacement).

Free for pick up in Brooklyn.

I ended up replacing with Land Rover mirrors because I was already bad enough at parallel parking.

4mymalamute Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:07 am

FREE Syncro springs front and rear. Taken out of my 1989 Syncro. Decent shape....free. Located in Sacramento.

dhaavers Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:02 pm

GONE to good home (aftermarket dashboard ventilation system)...

Keep cool, all y'all! 8)

- Dave

xoo00oox Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:16 am

GONE!

FREE!!! Lightly used Bilstein HD shocks front and rear for a 2wd van. Pick them up soon if you want them, going in the dumpster soon!

No shipping! I'm just trying to hand these off to someone.

mikemtnbike Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:01 am

Saw this in classifieds, if this were near me I'd take the lot and then part forward to someone else whatever I didn't want to keep. Thought I'd post here in case somebody else wants to do same.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2406630

xoo00oox Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:30 pm

FREE!!!

I have two of these Spectre inline air filter boxes I'm going to toss unless someone wants to pick them up. They both have MAF sensor housings on them, the MAF sensors have been removed. One of them has a good cone filter in it, the other could use a new cone filter.

No shipping!

GONE!