TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Karma - Part it forward Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
hernanys Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Tent from 87 westy.
Cotton fabric. Front mesh screen has several holes. Zippers operational and in good mechanical condition. One little hole (pen tip size) on left quarter. Clean, no mold
Tracks not included.
Pickup only in Oakland CA.

djkeev Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:06 pm

GONE!

Front seats from 1990 non camper.
Adjustable armrest.
Need cleaning
Drivers seat shows wear.

Free!

Located in Pennsylvania

Dave

vanis13 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:18 pm

Man if love to have those seats!... Wanna take a winter break to FL where I am now 😃

djkeev Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:37 pm

vanis13 wrote: Man if love to have those seats!... Wanna take a winter break to FL where I am now 😃

Now if you are in the Florida of the 1960ís where you could pull over to the side of the road on A1A almost anywhere South of Daytona, climb over a dune and have miles of private beach........ Sure!

If you are in the modern Florida of shopping malls and tacky housing developments seemingly EVERYWHERE........ no thanks.

I haven't been in almost 20 years, I disliked it then.
I can't imagine it's gotten better......... I have just about zero interest in ever going again.

Sadly, inexpensive readily available Air Conditioning destroyed Florida.

Dave

vanis13 Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Well I can't disagree with your and can offer something alternate...I am living here on an unpretentious 1975 23ft sailboat which is kinda like a van on the water :) in the unpretentious town off Gulfport... Come down and we'll sail to some islands that are only accessible by boat :)

vanagonjr Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:45 am

Heater box out of 82 diesel. There is rust on the metal flap doors.
Has clips, so it should come apart easily.
In South East mass.

Amyrickvermont Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:40 pm

GONE. Happy to hand of you, the good folks of TheSamba. Partial payment for all the things Iíve learned.
Free for pickup in Randolph, VERMONT.
I need the space and will have to dumpster anything that is left on Monday, February 15
Iíll update items if they are picked up.
Please donít dent my attempt at kindness.
I will not respond to Is it available?
I will not ship
I will not hold or store for you.
3 front standard Vanagon seats. One has a usable cover, padding shot in all of them. Not Westphalia seats. Not swivels.
1 Westfalia front seat. 1981. No swivel mechanism.
1 rear bench and back. Not a bed. Not a zee bed. Doesnít fold down. Padding shot
1 full dash. No cluster or switches. Brown. Has a hole for guage next to ashtray no ashtray.
1 spare tire carrier. Wysisyg.
1 manual steering wheel. Needs horn ring.
All free. Now. Thanks.

Bachylo Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:50 am

Hey y'all. I'm not an enthusiast or anything, so please excuse any lack of knowledge.

I have a middle row bench seat from an 82 (I think, might be 81) vanagon. It's tan and in really good condition. There's no rips or tears or anything. A few pin size holes on the side that would be against the will, so you wouldn't see them.

A few black marks/scuffs, nothing major. Like it rubbed against something.

I'm in La Mesa, CA. East of San Diego. Can't really ship. Sorry.

Send an email to [email protected] if interested. Thanks. :)

cmayna Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Dometic fridge from a 86' going to the scrapper in San Francisco unless someone steps up and contacts the seller on craigslist......

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/d/san-francisco-volkswagen-vanagon/7271581289.html

vanagonjr Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Plastic Oil filler tubes. Both have typical funky bottoms. The pull-out top pieces are excellent. Can include a cap, or if interested in only the cap, let me know. Just pay shipping. See below for pics.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2450705

Phoxxanator Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:42 am

I've got 2:

OEM Syncro driveshaft in partially rebuilt state: new doughnut, new U-joints on both ends, new grease inside. Did not hone or sleeve inside, did not balance.

OEM Subaru water pump. Less than 80K miles. Unknown condition; came on longblock and got replaced with new. Comes with new little rubber gasket and new intake manifolds.

Must be picked up in Branford CT (now) or Hancock ME (in March).

DuncanS Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:40 am

Amyrickvermont wrote: Free for pickup in Randolph, VERMONT.
I need the space and will have to dumpster anything that is left on Monday, February 15
Iíll update items if they are picked up.
Please donít dent my attempt at kindness.
I will not respond to Is it available?
I will not ship
I will not hold or store for you.
3 front standard Vanagon seats. One has a usable cover, padding shot in all of them. Not Westphalia seats. Not swivels.
1 Westfalia front seat. 1981. No swivel mechanism.
1 rear bench and back. Not a bed. Not a zee bed. Doesnít fold down. Padding shot
1 full dash. No cluster or switches. Brown. Has a hole for guage next to ashtray no ashay
1 spare tire carrier. Wysisyg.
1 manual steering wheel. Needs horn ring.
All free. Now. Thanks.

I sent you a PM, but never heard. Desparately want seats and steering wheel. do you still have them?

jAndrew Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Catalytic converter. It's a 48 state cat from Van Cafe. NEW, well it was installed as part of my entire stainless system at a shop. I had asked them not to install but they did, and then took it back off. It has been used about 10 minutes then. Pick up in Atlanta or pay the postage and it's yours.

djkeev Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Sent you a PM about the cat

Dave

jAndrew Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Alright! The cat is gone.

mcarlson_sb Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm

We are cleaning out the garage.

Fuel tank in good shape.
We replaced because we thought it was the source of clogged fuel filters. Installed a new one. But, this one still looks good inside.

Free pickup in El Cerrito CA

I also have a number of misc. parts from a dealer added AC (compressor, radiator, evap, fans, controls) and other misc bits. Free to a new home.

I haven't taken pictures of all of it yet. If you come pick up the fuel tank feel free to take a look through the rest.

0to60in6min Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Quote: Alright! The cat is gone.

ohhh... so fast... I have to go to an Adoption Center to get one then... :D

Pinhead Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:15 pm

I bought and installed a rebuilt Alternator in my 1984 westy and kept the original too long to get my core deposit back. I decided to rebuilt the original by polishing the rotor and slip ring. Next, I pressed on good new bearings. I then test ran it and found it works beautifully. I just don't have much room at my place to store stuff and figured I pass it along to someone that really needs it. Free pick up from south SF Bay Area. The brushes have many miles left too.

Gone

space Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:46 pm

I have:
Brown window crank 82 (gone)
Side View mirrors 82
Pay shipping and theyre urs
T

WillRB Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:26 am

GONE!

Original (to my knowledge) rear springs and gas tank from 1984 2wd. Tank has top rust but inside isnít too bad from what I can tell. Fuel sending unit removed from tank. Free to good home. Located Central Ohio (Pataskala).