TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Left Hand Drive Type 3 Dash, - Now with Speaker Holes!! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Retrovan Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Retrovan wrote: Have the same problem, clove box looks like sh%t.
Have thought about ABS, but as you said, will there be a market for it.
Maybe we should have a Poll thread to find out.??
only I do not know how to post one. :oops:
Herman

Tramp, as an part of the furniture on the Samba, would you be able to set up a poll about glove boxes made of ABS...????

Or anybody else ??????
Please
Herman

Tram Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Retrovan wrote: Retrovan wrote: Have the same problem, clove box looks like sh%t.
Have thought about ABS, but as you said, will there be a market for it.
Maybe we should have a Poll thread to find out.??
only I do not know how to post one. :oops:
Herman

Tramp, as an part of the furniture on the Samba, would you be able to set up a poll about glove boxes made of ABS...????

Or anybody else ??????
Please
Herman

Tram might know how to do that, but Tramp has no idea.

dirtsandwich Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Tram wrote:

Tram might know how to do that, but Tramp has no idea.

hey, he calls em' as he sees em'. :lol:

Tram Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:34 pm

dirtsandwich wrote: Tram wrote:

Tram might know how to do that, but Tramp has no idea.

hey, he calls em' as he sees em'. :lol:

He needs a new prescription. :P

Retrovan Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Tram wrote: dirtsandwich wrote: Tram wrote:

Tram might know how to do that, but Tramp has no idea.

hey, he calls em' as he sees em'. :lol:

He needs a new prescription. :P

apologies, Sir Tram, With dyslectic fingers, and my smoking stock down to my last pair of socks, these things happen.

new prescription ???? no, will not work, may need a drip.............
(what an arresting thought.)

Retrovan Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 am

Hi All,

The 1st off have been done...... :D

They look good, all fits, only 2 spots that need "Furnessing", but very happy with Both the standard, as well as the "wraparound" models. Both models on both photos.





Should be in production by the end of the week.

Your comments Please.

Herman

Mike Fisher Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:22 am

They look Good if they fit! Send Tram & I our dashes and we'll try them out our LHD cars? You seem to need to flex them a little to get them in/out passed the passenger A pillar, but your New dashes should have plenty of flex.

First/Latest new dashes in 40 years! 8)

ajb164 Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 am

Retrovan wrote: Hi All,

The 1st off have been done...... :D

They look good, all fits, only 2 spots that need "Furnessing", but very happy with Both the standard, as well as the "wraparound" models. Both models on both photos.





Should be in production by the end of the week.

Your comments Please.

Herman

they look great.
do you have a cost yet?
i maybe in for a wrap around one at least.
great work...

Retrovan Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks, the units will be for sale at $150 US, excluding postage/shipping
Surface mail, postage and packaging cost approx. $85 US
Payment by PayPal or Bank transfer.
Will be looking for bulk distributor,
VW Sales & Part guys give me a call
Direct e-mail;- [email protected]
Herman

notchback Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

Retrovan wrote: Thanks, the units will be for sale at $150 US, excluding postage/shipping
Surface mail, postage and packaging cost approx. $85 US
Payment by PayPal or Bank transfer.
Will be looking for bulk distributor,
VW Sales & Part guys give me a call
Direct e-mail;- [email protected]
Herman Any chance of you sending several to someone like Tram at one time and letting his ship them out for a cheaper cost?

Robert Bills Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I want one for my '73!!

Unfortunately, the shipping cost puts it out of my reach unless we can organize a group buy for a bulk shipment.

I'll PM a potential source for a bulk distributor who happens to be local to me. I'm sure there are others. I take it you aren't thinking of ISP West as they already market one.

Tram Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Looks great! Can't wait to see it.

TailTip Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:51 pm

I'll be following this thread as I'd be interested in one as soon as you find a U.S. distributor.

Retrovan Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

AlohaVWfan wrote: I'll be following this thread as I'd be interested in one as soon as you find a U.S. distributor.

Maybe speak to John from Aircooled.net, will fit into his parts stash very well.
Hi John, how about it.
Herman

markpetersonii Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am

Mine is cracked in many places, I would like one as well. But $85 for shipping? ouch. Hopefully someone in CA picks these up so I can go pick it up from the warehouse... :D

Retrovan Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:04 am

Maybe what we can do, is that all place their orders, and I ship them all to Mike & Tram together, then it will not cost you any shipping.
Please let me know.....
Herman

Tram Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 am

Come on, guys... do the math. $150 plus $85 = $235.00. Now, price out one of those POS repro replacement dashes with shipping and then go find ANY good used dashes, or NOS ones, available, anywhere.

This is not a bad deal if you really need a dash and these are as nice as they seem. All this cheapness is going to make any vendor in the USA thinking of picking this account up think twice and probably decline.

Everybody in this crowd is always YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! about somebody starting up the manufacture of NLA parts, UNTIL there winds up being actual money involved. This is why Bert never pursued actual 100% correct dash pads. He had no reason to want to spend tens of thousands to tool up and make a bunch of dashes... only to have to pay rent to store them when all you bastids cheaped out at the price.

I mean, come ON. :roll: Two tanks of Premium will cost you as much as the damn shipping.

squaretobehip Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:14 am

Tram wrote: Come on, guys... do the math. $150 plus $85 = $235.00. Now, price out one of those POS repro replacement dashes with shipping and then go find ANY good used dashes, or NOS ones, available, anywhere.

This is not a bad deal if you really need a dash and these are as nice as they seem. All this cheapness is going to make any vendor in the USA thinking of picking this account up think twice and probably decline.

Everybody in this crowd is always YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! about somebody starting up the manufacture of NLA parts, UNTIL there winds up being actual money involved. This is why Bert never pursued actual 100% correct dash pads. He had no reason to want to spend tens of thousands to tool up and make a bunch of dashes... only to have to pay rent to store them when all you bastids cheaped out at the price.

I mean, come ON. :roll: Two tanks of Premium will cost you as much as the damn shipping.

=D>

Tram Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 am

Retrovan wrote: Maybe what we can do, is that all place their orders, and I ship them all to Mike & Tram together, then it will not cost you any shipping.
Please let me know.....
Herman

It's still going to cost shipping because they'll need to go FedEx Ground and the package will be oversized. I mean, I just bought a dash cap for a Mercedes 300TDT and paid $50 ground shipping from Idaho on the damn thing. Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/77-85-Mercedes-123-Body-Da...2303wt_749

Look at the shipping price. :roll: That's pretty much standard anymore for an oversize box, EVEN IF IT WEIGHS ALMOST NOTHING. Shipping is expensive, and these Type 3 cheap sh!ts are either gonna have to man up and accept that, or they can continue to go dashless. $85 postage all the freaking way from Australia is a HELL of a deal. These people have no reason to bitch about that. Hell, I'm wondering how you can do it that cheap!

Don't get me wrong- I'd be happy to take a bunch and ship them out to people. But it's going to be between $50- 70 to ship these damn things JUST IN THE USA- Plus, Mike or I will have to box them up, and drive them to FedEx or Greyhound (if they want to go through THAT pain in the ass to save a buck!)- and the buyers will need to compensate us for boxes, materials, driving time, etc... and materials are money, and time is money. I really don't see a huge savings. Do you?

canyoudrivestick? Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 am

( ^ South Africa Tram..)

And yeah, you don't know how good you have it in the US with all the parts suppliers there. For my Type 1,2 & 3 I have paid THOUSANDS for shipping from the States to Australia. Typicallly, 100 bucks of parts from ISP then 150+ bucks to ship. 4-500 bucks sometimes

Just pay it.



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group