TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Left Hand Drive Type 3 Dash, - Now with Speaker Holes!! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Retrovan Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:32 am

Qldelsie wrote: Herman, I have just pm'd you re a RH dash. I am in Queensland. New member on here, I have just last week purchased a very rust free 1970 fastback, but tatty inside. I already have it stripped out, and (basically sound) floor being cleaned and painted. Engine and gearbox come out tomorrow for complete overhaul - But I need a dashboard !!
Hope you can add me to the list for one of your dashboards.
Cheers
Giles

E-mail sent

Herman

Retrovan Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:34 am

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in shipping the last batch of orders, as I was other wisely disposed for the last few weeks.

Shipment will be going out this following Monday.

Thanks for your understanding.

Herman

Retrovan Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Latest shipments have been wrapped and shipped.

So if you still want a dash let me know

See what I still have.

Herman

Retrovan Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 am

Still have a few of you on the list that have not contacted me,

please do so as I would not like you to miss out.

PM me with your order.

Herman

Retrovan Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:46 am

Just to let you know, the RHD dash are sold out.

The LHD I still have a few.

So if you need let me know as its now 1st come 1st serve.

Thanks for the years of support and it makes my hart all warm and fuzzy to know I have bettered a few Type 3 around the world.

Herman

Retrovan Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:30 am

Please note I still have a few LHD and Wraparound dash in stock.

Please PM me with your needs.

Herman

vdubnut_mike Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Retrovan wrote: Please note I still have a few LHD and Wraparound dash in stock.

Please PM me with your needs.

Herman

PMing you. Interested!

(Just realized I was already on the list from months back... just forgot about checking back in about it until now. :oops: )

Retrovan Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:29 am

Still a few LHD dash in stock

Also for late models with heater vent differences.

If you want then now is the time to get them.

When gone, then no more.

Herman

Retrovan Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:22 am

Hi Guys,

Due to Health want to offer the Type 3 Dash making moulds and left over stock to someone wanting to carry on making them.

Please note that I never wanted to make "exact" replicas so the surface was "Leather" and not "pebble"

But should you want to make true "Pebble", this is possible with my moulds.

Please contact me by PM or e-mail for more info,

Will go as package deal, not parted out.
LHD wrap mould
LHD STD mould
RHD STD mould
Speaker drill drilling jig.
few of both LHD dash stock.
NO RHD stock

Thanks for your support, and glad I could do something for the Type 3 world family.

Herman

notchboy Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:42 am

Retrovan wrote: Hi Guys,

Due to Health want to offer the Type 3 Dash making moulds and left over stock to someone wanting to carry on making them.

Please note that I never wanted to make "exact" replicas so the surface was "Leather" and not "pebble"

But should you want to make true "Pebble", this is possible with my moulds.

Please contact me by PM or e-mail for more info,

Will go as package deal, not parted out.
LHD wrap mould
LHD STD mould
RHD STD mould
Speaker drill drilling jig.
few of both LHD dash stock.
NO RHD stock

Thanks for your support, and glad I could do something for the Type 3 world family.

Herman


Herman,

I like to thank you personally. Being a T3 guy for a long time, I know the pain most guys feel when they can't find parts for the car they love. Taking the time to make and sell hard to find dashes is to me the very heart and soul of the hobby. Neich markets are what keep us going.

I hope someone picks up where you left off.

KTPhil Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 am

I bought one as a hedge against the inevitable cracking of my OEM dash. I was amazed that you went to all the efforts to make a great product with all the variations. That kind of commitment really keeps these cars going and loved. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopes for your health, friend.

Bobnotch Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 am

I bought one of your dash pads for my wife's car, and I just want to say Thank You for making these. Like Jason said, I hope someone picks up were you left off. 8)

Qldelsie Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Herman, hope you manage to first of all recover your health, and also find someone to take over your business that is so valuable to the Type 3 brigade.
I am fitting one of your dashes to my car at the moment, and thank you for just being there.
Cheers,
Giles

Retrovan Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:27 am

Tram wrote: So. Where are we on this? :D

As a Type 3 addict and mechanic would you be interested in making the dash in future. ??

Herman

W1K1 Sun May 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Strangely enough I finally installed my dash I purchased years ago this last week, I had to trim one small tab in the top corner and it popped right in. This is with just the 3 gauges installed
Thanks Herman


Retrovan Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 am

Looking good there, thanks for posting.

Its a happy feeling to know you have helped save and make yet another Type 3 look good.

If anyone still needs one, before it goes, let me know and I will ship for you

Herman

ALLWAGONS Mon May 04, 2020 10:32 am

W1K1 wrote: Strangely enough I finally installed my dash I purchased years ago this last week, I had to trim one small tab in the top corner and it popped right in. This is with just the 3 gauges installed
Thanks Herman



Did you lay it in top of your old dash pad or is it hollow?

Martin

W1K1 Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am

it's hollow, I lined the inside of mine with closed cell foam

ALLWAGONS Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks for the reply

Retrovan Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm

You can fit it without backing as it is ridged and will hold its shape

Most as well as my self fitted it straight onto the metal pressing,

hope this helps

Herman



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group