TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Left Hand Drive Type 3 Dash, - Now with Speaker Holes!! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Chupa7hingy Tue May 05, 2020 10:02 pm

I just started the interior in my 65 Notch project and stumbled upon your thread. Didn't realize you were throwing in the towel until i got almost to the end, and I had to create an account to see if you still have any more of the early LHD wraparound (65).

Good for you doing this all the years, and glad to see you helped lots of owners. It really is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Retrovan Wed May 06, 2020 3:45 am

It was my pleasure, and will try to carry on as long as I can or someone takes over.

So If you ready, let me know if its with or with out speaker holes

Herman

benson_1331 Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:30 pm

quick question for those who have installed one of these. I've got mine mounted but am curious how any of you did the chrome trim in the front.
did you mount the front lower portion of the dash somehow? I have all gauges in and handle but where the trim fits it's lower than the actual original mounting holes. Was thinking I'd just glue the trim. as it's been years since I pulled the OG dash I don't quite remember how it mounts behind the trim.

Thanks

Tram Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:54 pm

benson_1331 wrote: quick question for those who have installed one of these. I've got mine mounted but am curious how any of you did the chrome trim in the front.
did you mount the front lower portion of the dash somehow? I have all gauges in and handle but where the trim fits it's lower than the actual original mounting holes. Was thinking I'd just glue the trim. as it's been years since I pulled the OG dash I don't quite remember how it mounts behind the trim.

Thanks

There are small counter sunk Philips head screws under the trim to attach the pad.

benson_1331 Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:30 pm

ah ok, thanks Tram

ibjack Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 am

The trim doesn’t use screws to hold it in. They have a spring loaded wire that slides into the back of the trim then they go through holes in the dash pad and metal part of the dash.

mingtoro Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Retrovan wrote: It was my pleasure, and will try to carry on as long as I can or someone takes over.

So If you ready, let me know if its with or with out speaker holes

Herman

i also interest for RHD 2 pcs, my email [email protected]

Retrovan Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:05 am

Still have a few LHD dash in stock but no RHD

Will let you know when the RHD dash is in stock, please keep an eye out on this thread or my South African thread. on www.aircooledvwsa.co.za

Thanks

Herman

manboykelly Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:39 pm

I have a LHD dash with speaker holes/bar. It's brand new. Never installed. I ordered this thing from herman and it took 4 months to get here. If anyone here needs one and doesn't want to wait, PM me. I'm in Socal and would rather not ship it.

fishrat Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:09 am

if you have any LHD dashes left I am very interested, thanks

Retrovan Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:01 am

fishrat wrote: if you have any LHD dashes left I am very interested, thanks

If you PM me I will see if I can help you.

Herman



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group