TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best Aftermarket Safari Windows
ripplewaver.com Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:25 pm

I'm going to put safari windows on my '67 21 window. It's a pretty big investment, just wondering which aftermarket brand works out best?

roy Wed May 01, 2002 7:36 am

creative engineering across the pond.
There is probably a link on this site somewhere

UZI Wed May 01, 2002 10:24 am

i have a set of wolfgang safaris. i have nothing to compare them to but they seen fine. they leak a little in the rain, bus is rarely out in the rain. bus seals leak anyway. they whistle too. the rest of my busses whistle w/o safaris. one of the handles snapped off. easily replaced. safaris are well worth the expense and wolfgang tech support is very good.

ripplewaver.com Wed May 01, 2002 9:06 pm

I was thinking about Wolfgang Safari's but everything you described is what I didn't want to happen. But is this unavoidable? Or are there better brands that don't leak and break etc? I'll also look into Creative engineering. Thanks

Lasse Mix Thu May 02, 2002 12:35 pm

I use safaris from Creative Engineering.
Perfect fit, in rainy weather they all leak no matter were they come from.
Thats the downside.But the best thing is to fill you bus with safaris all around and get the party started.

ezcamper Sun May 05, 2002 10:24 am

creative are the best hands down. I have had Izz safaris and they were very good quality, but the creative are the best. they have super strong frames (aluminum and stainless steel) and they will never rust. after you cover up some of the screw heads they look exactly like original safaris. busboys, wolfgang and the others suck in comparison.

my safaris do not leak unless it is raining super hard. I glued a piece of rubber to the inside of the safari frame so when the window was shut, it had a rubber to rubber seal.

also, many people do not glue their safari window rubber in... this also causes leaks.

[email protected] Mon May 13, 2002 12:19 am

Where is Creative Engineering and Izz Safaris. I just purchased a 1963 Double Cabin Pick-up Bus and I would like to install some Safari Windows. Please advise.

Thanks!

ezcamper Mon May 20, 2002 12:48 pm

http://www.creative-engineering.com

http://www.izzsafariwindows.com

Joeknowles Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:04 am

Folks, I知 getting ready to buy safari windows for my 66 bus I知 looking for a recommendation for a good supplier however all the recommendations that I see here at the Samba are over 21 years old can someone please update a recommendation for safari windows? I知 seriously looking at creative engineering from the UK, the pricing is very competitive, the frames are aluminum and all hardware is stainless steel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Erik G Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:19 am

Joeknowles wrote: Folks, I知 getting ready to buy safari windows for my 66 bus I知 looking for a recommendation for a good supplier however all the recommendations that I see here at the Samba are over 21 years old can someone please update a recommendation for safari windows? I知 seriously looking at creative engineering from the UK, the pricing is very competitive, the frames are aluminum and all hardware is stainless steel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I see you are not new, but see here : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71827

a little before halfway down are the safari threads you need to read

Joeknowles Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:50 am

I am reading posts that are 20 years old? Am I missing something here? Are there any recent posts? I知 looking for the latest recommendations on safari windows for my 66 split seriously considering CE brand, From what I read 20 years ago, most of these league, but my voice is always garaged and never goes out in the rain so it痴 not a big issue. Please provide any recommendations from current Installations of safari windows. Many many thanks

Erik G Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:42 pm

Joeknowles wrote: I am reading posts that are 20 years old? Am I missing something here? Are there any recent posts? I知 looking for the latest recommendations on safari windows for my 66 split seriously considering CE brand, From what I read 20 years ago, most of these league, but my voice is always garaged and never goes out in the rain so it痴 not a big issue. Please provide any recommendations from current Installations of safari windows. Many many thanks

If you look, the big safari thread is an ongoing discussion and yes it is current (last few pages). Use that thread for research and questions Thats generally how the samba works since it's so searchable, it's easier to have it all in one place.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114431