TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: need help with tires
stillworks Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:55 pm

I need to buy tires for A 60 DC. I cant make up my mind if I want the white walls in or out. I'm not talking about wide whites.

Thanks

deluxebus Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:44 pm

If you're going original looking with it. I would do the black walls out, with the painted grey hub caps and off white rims. I like the utility look of single and double caps and panels! But if you want to dress it up do the white walls and chrome hub caps.
Bryan

stillworks Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:22 pm

Thanks deluxebus. Thats all it took. I have already painted it Dove Blue,the caps are dove grey and the wheels and bumpers are silver white. The tires Black Side Out. I just wish I could find A tire I like,and in my price range. 205-75's are just A little wide?

UZI Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:16 pm

check out coker tire for vintage look. or tirerack. as for whitewalls. i'm not a big fan of 'em i think half inch white walls are ok on deluxe buses sometimes. i really prefer blackwalls. not even a whitewall on the inside. not on a commercial.

chabanais Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:31 pm

I found some excellent Light Truck tires at Costco that came to $150 installed for two. The wait for install was long, but the price was worth it.

[email protected] Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:40 pm

Oops. That should read "I would love to hear what you got." Sorry, I've only got a 5th grade education.

[email protected] Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:41 pm

All right, [email protected], please tell me exactly what tires you purchased; brand name, size. I've been looking for 15" light truck tires for quite a while now. And if you have found some, and you are happy with the fit, look, and performance, I would hear what you got. Thanks a bunch.

stillworks Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:00 pm

Thanks earlyman,but that would mean any thing from Coker you wold have to help pay for:) I'm not cheap,I just dont have Alot of money:(

dougrbutler Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:20 pm

Don't know what they cost (they were on the bus when I bought it) but I have Goodyear Weatherhandler LS 205-75's all around. They have a 3/4" whitewall and are steel belted radials. I think the ride is great, although a little rough because of my KYB Gas-a-justs. They only rub a little when I am backing out of the driveway and I have the wheel fully cranked.

Doug