TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 15'' tire options Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
zonxs7 Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:48 am

I just wanted to follow up:

I asked about tires a while back, and ended up with these Radar Renegade A/T 5 205/70R15XL 100H purchased via Simple Tire. They're pretty reasonably priced.

I've only driven a few hundred miles on them, but, for my 1.9, I can't believe the difference in performance and handling over the old BFG 215/75's that the PO had installed. Much better pickup, better handling in wind, less downshifting, and MUCH quieter than the old set. Best thing I've done for my van since buying it...

Other than fixing the frayed ignition wire that was arcing to the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel leak, the vacuum lines, the alternator, the coolant pipes...sigh. :)

Hope that this helps someone from going down the same 15" tire rabbit hole that I did.

dobryan Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 am

zonxs7 wrote: I just wanted to follow up:

I asked about tires a while back, and ended up with these Radar Renegade A/T 5 205/70R15XL 100H purchased via Simple Tire. They're pretty reasonably priced.

I've only driven a few hundred miles on them, but, for my 1.9, I can't believe the difference in performance and handling over the old BFG 215/75's that the PO had installed. Much better pickup, better handling in wind, less downshifting, and MUCH quieter than the old set. Best thing I've done for my van since buying it...

Other than fixing the frayed ignition wire that was arcing to the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel leak, the vacuum lines, the alternator, the coolant pipes...sigh. :)

Hope that this helps someone from going down the same 15" tire rabbit hole that I did.

Thank you for the feedback! Appreciated.

dobryan Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 am

dobryan wrote: Seriously looking at these:

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 - Size: 215/70R15

Load range 98
Max psi 51

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=...ngsReviews

They are only about 2% taller than a 205/70/15.

Does anyone have anything I should consider when thinking of these?

I just checked the Yokohama European network and they carry the Geolandar A/T G015 in Europe. Since these are going on the euroBus that seals the deal for me.

crazyvwvanman Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:39 pm

That A/T5 tire looks to be all gone in that size.
Maybe it will return?

I may try this other model instead. Very stout specs but without the snowflake rating.
Anyone using it yet?

https://simpletire.com/brands/radar-tires/argonite-rvx-1#v=1&tireSize=205-70r15&mpn=acd0057

Mark

zonxs7 wrote: I just wanted to follow up:

danfromsyr Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 pm

that Argonite RVX-1 205/70/15 looks like a nice tire
LR 104 (D rated) @ 2094#s

crazyvwvanman wrote:

I may try this other model instead. Very stout specs but without the snowflake rating.
Anyone using it yet?

https://simpletire.com/brands/radar-tires/argonite-rvx-1#v=1&tireSize=205-70r15&mpn=acd0057

Mark