TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 36hp decomposing Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
3foldfolly Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:22 pm

tyzel wrote: looks familiar, the motor/tranny that was in my 59 panel is like this. Still stuck together and sitting on my garage floor. I've tried to get them apart but have not as of yet, motor is toast like your's, more than likely the trans is also so I havent been to gentle with them, even hooked a jeep up to them to try yanking them apart, didn't budge!

removed both

If you ever do get them separated you'll probably find something like this:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1539858.jpg

consvws Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 pm

removed my crusty old running boards finally

I only snapped one bolt getting them off

found a good size rust hole that needed a piece welded in

Then bolted up some new WW running boards. They lined up great, and didn't need modifications to fit like every other aftermarket set i've used.

Eric&Barb Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Looks like there are five small holes still in that panel that need to be welded up.

Could you repost the images in the beginning of this thread on TS this time. Looks like Photobucket lost them.

Eric&Barb Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm

consvws wrote:

Split axle boot will tear themselves up sooner than much later with seams at top. Needs to be more at 3 or 9 O'clock position.

consvws Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Eric&Barb wrote: Could you repost the images in the beginning of this thread on TS this time. Looks like Photobucket lost them.

Yeah, i'm bummed i didn't load them up to the photo gallery on here, and some of the pics got lost.

Thanks for reminding me though because I was able to find some of them.

consvws Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 pm

cool pic my friend took of my beetle in the basement i cleaned out

joey1320 Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

consvws wrote: cool pic my friend took of my beetle in the basement i cleaned out

Make a poster out of it.
Looks great 8)

consvws Sun May 12, 2019 10:59 am

driving out to Oakland, Oregon yesterday mileage kicked back to zero 8)

EverettB Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Cool!

I did that once too, it was exciting.

consvws Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 am

I've driven the car another 1000+ miles since my last post here. I did rig up some fog lights on my front bumper bar, and built a wiring harness for them. They came off of an old porsche 914 i cut up. I still need to figure on a switch and fuse location. It'd be nice to have them working this winter.

consvws Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Been using my roof rack

consvws Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am

Just went out & got the orange bus yesterday

Blue Baron Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:02 pm

First time I've seen your car and I love it.

Great job on everything.

Is that another oval in the background?

consvws Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks, it's a joy to drive every day. I'm thankful to have been able to buy it & give it a new life. Glad a tree didn't get it first.

[quote="Blue Baron" Is that another oval in the background?[/quote] yes it is. Has no chassis & lots of cancer though

consvws Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:13 pm

today in Roseburg OR just along the I5

*Darren Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 am

Thanks for posting. If I didn't know any better, I'd be thinking nice photo of early morning fog. Truly eye opening how bad the smoke from the fires is. To live in that 24/7, just plain sucks. Stay safe it that ride of hours with visibility so low.