TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: So... I Got a Real Car, and I Really Have No Clue Page: Previous  1, 2
Bobnotch Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:37 am

You might try this place for a manual.
http://www.discountautorepairmanuals.com/

70 140 Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Trying to add discs to the rear won't be as easy as you think, especially on a drum brake ABS car. My guess is that the proportioning is done in the M/C and you would probably need to replace that as well.

Busryder Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 pm

70 140 wrote: Trying to add discs to the rear won't be as easy as you think, especially on a drum brake ABS car. My guess is that the proportioning is done in the M/C and you would probably need to replace that as well.

Hello,

That is probably the most detailed answer yet... would this stuff be on a donor vehicle of the same year, but in six cyls? It seems that that is where I have found them on the same year Camry's in the yard I was in.

And out of pure ignorance: Are rear disc brakes not ABS?

I only ask because I really do "have no clue".

Anyway.... I found a pdf wire/rely/connector/etc manual recently, and it is 350+ pages long! Just the wire diagram alone.

So I am beginning to understand what you mean by being 'not as easy as you think'... someone, please, convince me that this is impossibly difficult.

Thank's for the answer 70 140, really...

bugger101 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm

no rear disc can have wheel speed sensors but they might be different :?: And the abs module would be different also(programmed for a heavier car). Other than that I have no idea there might be Proportioning Valve along the line somewhere. if you can get all the parts for cheap I would go for it and try it.