TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Mat or carpet for outside sliding door area Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Love My Westy Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I always have 2 astroturf mats along with me. One has a heavy rubber backing that will not blow away in the wind, and the other is for just inside the sliding door. Between the two, they catch most of the dirt or sand and are very easy to shake out. I just put the outside one on top of the inside one before I close the door. We also have a 6 x 12 foot carpet we bought from Camper World for $50 bucks to go under the Fiama Awning on our Casita trailer, but we still use the Astroturf matts with it.

indytriple Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 am

I use a bicycle stationary trainer mat. There are several brands (CycleOps, Kinetic, etc.), but you can also find generic ones that are cheaper from Performance, Dicks and Amazon. They range from $25-$50. They are rubber, water-proof and durable. It washes and dries really easy. I roll it up and keep it under the bench seat.

campism Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 am

Here's something we picked up to use outside the van, a Eureka polyethlene mat about 2mm thick and 11' x 11'. Should do fine under our awning or screen room. We found this at a local Gander Mountain store. Folded it is about a foot square and an inch thick so it should stow pretty easily.

And this is what we have been using, my bride's humorous contribution to the Westyhold: