TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 2012 Syncro Solstice pics Page: 1, 2  Next
hans j Sun May 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Post up your pics!

If you must quote, please don't include all pictures! (a couple ok) Thanks to the organizers!! Great event! :D

Self portrait at sunset 8)

Hey Joe Canyon

Lower parking lot at night

Hurrah Pass to Chicken Corner

Spring Canyon Bottom

Long Canyon Trail back to Moab

Who cares about the scenery, I'm taking pictures of the Vanagon!

I have some more I will post later with more time and can email full size pics if you like.

SCM Sun May 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm excited to see more pics! As I suspected, I saw a couple of you guys heading to Moab while wifey and I were on our annual mtb trip.

We saw the father and 2 sons trio in the silver Westy with black steel wheels at 18 Rd on Wed night - I really hoped to catch up and chat with you but I didn't want to impose (it looked like you and the boys were having a fun ride when you went past our camp). We also saw the orange tintop while driving to Palisade to try out their new trail and the latest offerings from Peach St Distillery.

I'm more motivated then ever to get our 2wd to the point where I'm comforatable gambling my vacations on it - if not next year we'll see you in 2014. Glad you all had a good time!

Farfrumwork Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Nice 8)

Looks like a great time once again.

<< Jealous :cry:

bac914 Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Quote: We saw the father and sons trio...

That was me and my boys. We did have a great time on the single track there and in Moab's dead horse point state park. Bummed you didn't stop by. We're you in the white westy?

Brian

carterzest Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 pm

great pics, thanks. If for some chance this thread were to get locked, the original thread was moved to here.

2 week countdown til I get to bombard all of you with pics 8)

SCM Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 am

bac914 wrote: Quote: We saw the father and sons trio...

That was me and my boys. We did have a great time on the single track there and in Moab's dead horse point state park. Bummed you didn't stop by. We're you in the white westy?

Brian

Nope, silver Jetta Wagon.

joetiger Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 am

That was some serious fun. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing last year's friends and meeting so many new ones. Thanks to Johnny and everybody for setting this up.

It's nice to be in the desert, where you sweat it out almost as fast as you drink it...

And, the obligatory Eisenhower Tunnel snowstorm on the drive back:

hans j Mon May 14, 2012 8:41 am

cmorris wrote: Here is a shout out to the drivers and crew of the 6 Syncros that completed the Hell's Revenge trail during this year's Syncro Solstice.

Among the drivers were myself, Brian, Bill, David, and two others whose names I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten (please help here).

In my opinion this is an accomplishment that elevates the reputation of the Syncro as a serious off-road vehicle, as this trail is considered more or less a rite of passage within the rock crawler community.

I am interested to know if any other Syncros have previously completed this trail.

Enjoy the pictures.

-Chad

[/img]

hans j Mon May 14, 2012 8:44 am

ASIsyncro wrote: Syncro Solstice was absolutely amazing again this year! Couldn't have had a better time. Awesome people, amazing trails...good times!

Here are a few pics from one of the trails a group of Syncros did...it's called Hells Revenge...I think we may be the first group of Syncros to do this trail together...

joetiger Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 am

Coolest picture ever.

(I know we're not supposed to re-quote pictures but I'm making a judgement call just this once.)

hans j wrote: ASIsyncro wrote:

lloydy Mon May 14, 2012 10:08 am

Looks a fantastic trail, very jealous!

GBA 88West LA Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 am

WOW! thanks for posting :D good stuff

SteveVanB Mon May 14, 2012 10:55 am

Holy crap! As if the Syncro envy wasn't bad enough.....That looks like it was a kick ass time :!: Someday......... =P~

Classicvibe Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

All amazing photos, but that photo of Corkins with one wheel in the air while he is staring out the window thinking about the country of VanisTan and Wasser enhancements is the classic Chris that I have happily befriended and dug over these last two Solstice events.

Thanks for Posting the great pictures Hans. There were so many outstanding trips this year, led by very experienced guides and vans. I would have to count, but I am guessing this is still just a portion of those trails we traveled this year.

Classicvibe Mon May 14, 2012 3:19 pm

SteveVanB wrote: Holy crap! As if the Syncro envy wasn't bad enough.....That looks like it was a kick ass time :!: Someday......... =P~

Hey Steve, if you follow some of the newer threads that just popped up, you will see some incredible stuff, pulled off by two wheel Vans as well. David just posted some Chicken Corners footage with plenty of 2wd vans, and that is a significant trail even for Moab. I am happy to open registration early if you will commit to come up and play with us for Solstice 2013?! Yes?

hans j Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Classicvibe wrote:

Hey Steve, if you follow some of the newer threads that just popped up, you will see some incredible stuff, pulled off by two wheel Vans as well. David just posted some Chicken Corners footage with plenty of 2wd vans, and that is a significant trail even for Moab. I am happy to open registration early if you will commit to come up and play with us for Solstice 2013?! Yes?

Where is it posted? I only watch the vanagon/eurovan forum.

Classicvibe Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm

hans j wrote: Classicvibe wrote:

Where is it posted? I only watch the vanagon/eurovan forum.

That is the question of the day Hans. The thread was "booted" you could say. I have an inquiry waiting with the Samba Polizei that should be answered soon. I hope to get it back out of oblivion, but in the meantime, they have moved the thread to here:
Booted 2012 Solstice thread

You can also find the 2011 on that same Island of misfit threads:

Booted 2011 Solstice thread (Another)

I kind of get the movement on the threads, but there is a ton of incredible stuff going on, and throwing them over to no-man's land seems like quite an injustice for the Vanagon forum members. There are also plenty of "meet-up" threads that exist here in the regular Vanagon forum, so I am expecting the Solstice threads to come back to life, or the other meet up threads to get sacked out of existence as well. Anyway, I have asked for some clarification from the Moderation Members. Ambiguity is not playing in the favor of the forum members on this subject. :roll:

cmorris Mon May 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Classicvibe wrote:
That is the question of the day Hans. The thread was "booted" you could say. I have an inquiry waiting with the Samba Polizei that should be answered soon. I hope to get it back out of oblivion, but in the meantime, they have moved the thread to here:
Booted 2012 Solstice thread

Looks like the thread was moved to the "Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs" group. That's where I found it.

-Chad

carterzest Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Classicvibe wrote: All amazing photos, but that photo of Corkins with one wheel in the air while he is staring out the window thinking about the country of VanisTan and Wasser enhancements is the classic Chris that I have happily befriended and dug over these last two Solstice events.

Are you talking about this one Johnny?

If so, I am pretty sure that is David, Frankensubysyncro, our Syncro Yahoo Group moderator...

Classicvibe Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 pm