Bolts thru the countertop

MOCHABILL Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am

:D Pretty slick :!:

tikitime Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Made 2 of these for checking toe-in:

One on each side, just use bungis to hold them flush up against the wheels

tikitime Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Brass guides for installing wheels:
Brass tubing threaded, but I did not have the correct die so I made one from a nut.

tikitime Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 pm

My solution for painting inside the vents:

Removed the spay head & tube from a can of WD40 and put it on a rattle can. A bit messy but it works.

drs1023 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 pm

I needed to adjust the rear ride height on my '63 last week and didn't have a spring compressor. I used some 5/8" all-thread, a coupla' nuts, some 3/4" black iron pipe to protect the threads and some scrap 1/4 X 1" flat steel. I welded the lower nut so I can use an impact wrench. Works very well, too.

mark tucker Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 pm

tikitime wrote: Made 2 of these for checking toe-in:

One on each side, just use bungis to hold them flush up against the wheels nice idea,or use some levels bungied to the wheels,I string everything & square it to the chassie too,just did my popup camper last week befor heading out for a 1000 mile trip,I only moved the axle about 1/4" to square it up to the chassie/frame,and what a diff it made,not a wiggle at all.it was just about unpullable with out the anti wiggler on it.I had it set loose and no issues at all. you can also use some magnetic levels on the disc brake disc to get the camber about where you want it.on your cars& stuff.( car needs to be level on all 4 wheels, I have a 6' level to do that with and make leveling pads for my unlevel driveway to square it up)