TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: rubber floor mat for a passenger van..Hexomat
goffoz Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Has anyone tried these
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/75A2570A0A0.aspx
It appears that they have a large passenger area mat?
the $94 version, is supposed to fit carat series vans
no response from them, so far, when I question the dimensions
Anyone have one in their van?

IdahoDoug Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm

My feeling in it is that surface texture is correct for a drive's footwell where there is constant in and out and the deep holes are great for handing the water, snow and mud. But for the rear area, it would trap dirt and be impossible to sweep out during a trip - you'd need either a vacuum or to pull the mat out (and thus clear everything from atop it to clean. And it might feel cold and uncomfortable to bare feet.

Just me - I'd rather have a tough carpet like substance.

DougM

goffoz Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 pm

I agree with your opinions, Doug, but I find that from December to May I am constantly dealing with the snow, mud, and water trafficed thru the side door, by 2 large dogs and three children.
I have rubber mats up front, and they work great.
A bigger rubber mat to cover the carpet in the back would be great too, something I can slide out and shake every other week, and hose off twice a year, the rubber runner I have in front of the slider door just doesn't work for 2 dogs :roll:

insyncro Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 am

The fit and finish of Lloyd mats is excellent.
Love mine in all seasons.

vw7266 Wed May 23, 2012 7:27 am

insyncro wrote: The fit and finish of Lloyd mats is excellent.
Love mine in all seasons.

can you post a picture of them? id like to see what a lloyd mat is and how it fits

j_dirge Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 am

OP is looking for the big mat for a Carat type interior.

Is Lloyd's making wider mats now?
When I looked they only had up to 48" and thats not *quite* wide enough to work unless spliced.

IdahoDoug Wed May 23, 2012 7:58 am

Wow - for that type of need, this may be perfect. I was thinking of a lower level of demand for protection.

DougM

GMByers Wed May 23, 2012 7:58 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...2806ce9549

A short thread concerning using the mat in a Eurovan.

insyncro Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 am

j_dirge wrote: OP is looking for the big mat for a Carat type interior.

Is Lloyd's making wider mats now?
When I looked they only had up to 48" and thats not *quite* wide enough to work unless spliced.

I have 3 Carats with Lloyd mats from front to back.
I buy directly from Lloyd and bypass GW completely.
Yes, Carat and late model Syncro specific.
You can have anything you want made, you just have to pay for it.

Call Lloyd or get GW to have them made.

presslab Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 am

I have the Lloyd center mat in my Westy. It's pretty nice. It has little nubs on the bottom that aren't ideal, as it pushes funny on the wood floor, but otherwise it's a nice fit.

Here's what GoWesty has to say about wider mats:

Quote: This is the stuff from which our fitted rubber mats are crafted. However, because it is manufactured in a 48" width, we can't offer one-piece patterns for all vehicle applications. Multivans, Weekenders, and Passenger Vans are just a bit too wide to cover in one piece. If you don't see a pattern listed for your vehicle, and you just gotta have rubber, and you don't mind being a hair short on one side, you can buy this material by the running foot, and cut it to fit.

http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=20485&category_id=315&category_parent_id=

goffoz Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 am

GMByers wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...2806ce9549

A short thread concerning using the mat in a Eurovan.

Yep thats exactly why I'm asking the forum, I was suspicious since no vendors show pics of the mats. and the online help doesn't know anything :roll:
Thanks for finding that post

TopBud Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

what was the decision with the mat? I am looking for 1 for my passenger syncro for the ski season. would love rubber, presently have a piece of plywood covering the floor. I do not always have the middle seat in. The wood was garbage picked for another project and fit perfectly, so I never took it out. I have 2 dogs and am usually the shuttle rig for boating/skiing. they just love the syncro

TopBud Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

what was the decision with the mat? I am looking for 1 for my passenger syncro for the ski season. would love rubber, presently have a piece of plywood covering the floor. I do not always have the middle seat in. The wood was garbage picked for another project and fit perfectly, so I never took it out. I have 2 dogs and am usually the shuttle rig for boating/skiing. they just love the syncro

campism Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 am

I found this stuff at Lowe's hardware, a four-pack of interlocking foamish pads with edging. One pack fits a Westy almost perfectly, so you'd need more for a passenger van. Stuff is about 3/4" thick with a textured surface and is easy on the knees when digging in the cabinets. Once cut and positioned I taped the seams on the back side so it can be removed as one piece. Makes it easy to sweep out or rinse off as required.

Timwhy Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:41 am

Picked up a set of the Hexomat front mats for my Tin Top. They have the two piece single mats but I chose the large one piece.
Though it is a one piece set it does come with the tunnel section for full frontal coverage.

I have the Lloyds in my Westy and I like them as well. The biggest difference between the two sets, has to be the size of the Cups.
The Hexomat will hold a lot more dirt/water. The fit of the Hexomat is a little on the large size as well. The mats hang over a bit on the
footwell but I think that is a good thing as to keep the carpet free from the water.

This set was bought at Auto Anything.
https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/75A2570A0A0.aspx