TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Barndoor Mafia Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 573, 574, 575 ... 863, 864, 865  Next
crofty Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:35 pm

UZI wrote: i thought i was part of "the little 3"
3 The Hard Way!

j.pickens Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 pm

GM, the UAW, and, now, the US Government, making cars together.
Oh, the mind reels at the engineering wonders we are about to see.
Brings to mind the Soviet's big success, the Lada.
From this:

To this, the Lada "Sputnik":

BUCIOBATISTI Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Maybe the great Mexican-American-French-Afro-Jew auto designer, Mr. Juanito Jimenez, might suggest the name of the Americanized version of the Commie "Lada" and help them market it as the "Laydo"? You know what I mean, right?

bubba Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:36 am

We can't afford the government now, just wait and see how much a government-union car is going to cost!! :? I need to start rapping so i can afford one. How does BUBA-DUBA MC sound?

UZI Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:12 am

how bout "50 bubbas" after my favorite dutch rapper "50 euros"

jasonvw Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 am

don't you already rap under the name "bubba" sparks?

j.pickens Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 am

Jul 24 2008 11:29 AM EDT
50 Cent Sues Taco Bell
'Many customers believed that 50 Cent had agreed to endorse Taco Bell's products,' lawsuit alleges.

By Shaheem Reid

50 Cent has a great sense of humor — just listen to the ad libs on his dis records. But when it comes to other people trying to profit from his name, he's not laughing. The rapper sued Taco Bell on Wednesday (July 23) for making him an unauthorized spokesman for the chain in a recent ad campaign, Reuters reports.

The news organization obtained the legal papers, filed in Manhattan federal court, in which 50 and his lawyers allege that the restaurant chain engaged in some unjust promotion. Taco Bell released a letter addressed to 50 in which the company suggested he change his name for a day to "79 Cent," "89 Cent" or "99 Cent," which are the prices of certain items on Taco Bell's menu.

"We know that you adopted the name 50 Cent years ago as a metaphor for change. We at Taco Bell are also huge advocates for change. We encourage you to 'Think Outside the Bun' and hope you accept our offer."

Fif wasn't feeling that at all.

"They crazy, man," 50 told radio personality Angie Martinez in June. "They sent a memo out. I don't wanna talk about it. We gonna take legal action. ... I guess they did that for promotional purposes. It's not good that they did that. They didn't have to do that.

"It gets uncomfortable at some point," he added about people trying to capitalize off his fame. "Especially when corporations do it to you. ... Like you gonna go to the store and beef with the kid at the counter."

According to Reuters, the lawsuit alleges that "many customers believed that 50 Cent had agreed to endorse Taco Bell's products. Indeed, postings on numerous Internet 'blogs' castigated 50 Cent for 'selling out' by his apparent endorsement of Taco Bell.

Barndoor Mafia Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:41 pm

John Dot Pickens...........aka, The Roger Nang of the East Coast. Fity is going to get paid! He's being represented by the firm of Connorstein, Jimenezberg & Raffawitz, LLC.

UZI wrote: how bout "50 bubbas" after my favorite dutch rapper "50 euros"
Knee Grow, are you referring to the Duke of Delft? The owner of Delft Donahoo's? Erwin Sparks and the insane Dutch Posse? Formely known as Best a Dutch Oven on your bitch ass??? That 50 Euro??

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: Maybe the great Mexican-American-French-Afro-Jew auto designer, Mr. Juanito Jimenez, might suggest the name of the Americanized version of the Commie "Lada" and help them market it as the "Laydo"? You know what I mean, right?
They are also working on a lower budget model. This model will be called The LahKrah!!!

UZI Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:29 pm

whutchu know about the Pennsylvania Dutch Oven?

BUCIOBATISTI Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Hey Keith, is that 17 mile drive right near Asilomar? I used to surf there years ago and another little reef right that was a short distance away from there. It was really rocky and sharky and sketchy as all hell...

volksaddiction Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Bonjour mes amis!

Have you guys ever noticed that monsieur Jean-Knee won the 3rd price with EL CHEWBACA at the Classics :lol:

2008 VW CLASSIC - OFFICIAL RESULTS
V19 - PASSENGER BUS (-68 )
1st V19-9 Joe Ingram, '63 Green & White Microbus, Joshua Tree, CA
2nd V19-6 Ron & Joynce Green, '62 Red & Gray 23 Window Delux, San Clemente CA
3rd V19-3 Leon Vogelaar, '51 Beige Bus, Pomona CA

VIVE LA FRANCE!

volksfahrer.nl Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 am

It here indeed!
http://www.bugorama.com/newsite/shows/classic/classic_results.htm

Jean-knee needs to put that in his ad too!
For sale: PRICE WINNING BARNDOOR

volksfahrer.nl Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:01 am

http://www.bugorama.com/newsite/shows/classic/classic_results.htm

Jean-knee needs to put that in his ad: "Price winning barndoor"
Stuff like that and lines like "Piece of automotive history" always do the trick.

johnny d Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:50 am

volksaddiction wrote:

VIVE LA FRANCE!

seams someone was lieing about the year.. (51 :?: ) :wink:

volksaddiction Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:59 am

[quote="johnny d"] volksaddiction wrote:

VIVE LA FRANCE!

I know Ben, but as I can remember I wrote down '54 instead of '51 :oops:
But who cares.....WE WON! :lol: :wink:

johnny d Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 am

volksaddiction wrote:
But who cares.....WE WON! :lol: :wink:

:!: :D

BUCIOBATISTI Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:15 am

johnny d wrote: volksaddiction wrote:

VIVE LA FRANCE!

Maybe the European "4" looked a bit like a "1"?

Barndoor Mafia Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Sorry Ben, no lying going on here. Verstehen Sie Mich! What happened is the judges put 51, rather 53. mon ami, LeH-Ohn, did the right thing. The number 1 in the US does look different to the number 1 in Europe. I had no idea the bus placed 3rd. It has won numerous shows, without even trying. Most of the times it wins for oldest bus, and car too. This is because, as they say in France, it has a certain Je ne sais pas? Oui. Another worthy note is The Duke of Delft drove it. So royalty has driven the bus as well.

And for all you pinche haters on my country......... VIVE LA FRANCE Culeros!!!!

UZI Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 pm

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: johnny d wrote: volksaddiction wrote:

VIVE LA FRANCE!

Maybe the European "4" looked a bit like a "1"?

Barndoor Mafia Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Good thing the Great Reynaldo was keeping an eye out for me while I was doing mimis. Also, you notice the crime scene tape all around?