TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: ALH TDI in a 76 Bus Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
archemitis Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Been waiting on an update! :D

Lavabo Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:49 am

i own a 73 with AHU conversion, since i now own 2 ALH, im sold to ALH engine and i'll follow your way!!

having used 1.6td, 1.9td, AHU.. and now ALH, i can certified everyone ALH is the best engine!
And its now easy to tune ECU with tools as Galetto and many forum about chipper and tuning.. but hey need some reading

but for the intercooler i might go the water to air Intercooler solution instead.. and rad fad in front might go under floors

sailorjerry is afk Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:40 am

Please don't take this next statement as if it won't change..but my plan is to use a alh intake modded with nothing but the two flanges fir intake tube and the plenum flange..no egr or it's body will be kept and no dv valve..I'll wire up and digital potentiometer to mimick the cycling of the egr. So no mil. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm full if shit..and frankly I could careless..and after talking to my buddy in Holland..I know I can get a pumpduece to give me 60mpg on highway..I know it can be done..it's all in turbo and fuel mapping..I'll get it..I'll have Keaton put up the pics of the new sub frame I built for out back and I'll post math if anyone cares about it

levi20AE Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 am

I would love to see pics and your numbers for the suspension geometry. Dynamics is the focus of my ME masters program.

You can get software to code out the EGR so you don't need to dick with a potentiometer, since you are going to need a lot of custom tuning to achieve your MPG goals.

syncrogreg Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 pm

greenbus pilot wrote: ......So, your radiator fan must be running constantly at highway speeds?. Mine did. I did not think that was a good idea... :?

Fans are design to run nonstop when you use A/C so I think it's fine to use that feature. Anyway if it fails in 10 years prematurely... it's a cheap part to replace.

Greg

vwwestyman Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am

Hmm, I guess I never commented in this thread, looks like he was working on it just before I started my conversion.

I wonder if this bus is still running? Did the radiator setup end up working out for you?

[email protected] Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:58 pm

vwwestyman wrote:

I wonder if this bus is still running? Did the radiator setup end up working out for you?

hasn't logged in for 3 years...so the world may never know :lol:

vwwestyman Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm

[email protected] wrote: vwwestyman wrote:

hasn't logged in for 3 years...so the world may never know :lol:

I was hoping for a ping from new responses to the thread.

Possibly the radiator didn't work out, and the motor melted down, taking the bus and OP with it!