TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Vintage Splitty Photos Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 430, 431, 432  Next
Lind Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:23 am

velvetgreen wrote:
I like how it still has it's middle seat, even after half of the body metal has been cut off of that deluxe.

aa390392 Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 am

Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport :lol:

MrPolak Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:44 pm

aa390392 wrote: Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport :lol:

As luck would indicate, the roof removed was probably full of those little windows and a sunroof.

mandraks Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm

velvetgreen wrote:

the step was not nearly as sturdy as it needed to be, though

AS350driver Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Lind wrote: velvetgreen wrote:
I like how it still has it's middle seat, even after half of the body metal has been cut off of that deluxe.

The 1965 Piper Cherokee didn’t fare much better....it seemed to have an affinity for tree trunks...

https://planecrashmap.com/plane/nh/N5873W/

Slip356 Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 am

Looking for the bus or the girl?

mandraks Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 am

BarryL wrote:
It was a '67 panel Turkis - This is the day I bought it. Brunswick, GA 1974 - I sold it in Santa Barbara in '76 when I ran out of money. I have been trying to get a response from the GA Dept of Motor Vehicles to see if I can get the VIN# to try and trace it down.

interesting, at 7 years old it already had "custom seats"?

Blue Baron Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Wide bed pickup

VWAdam Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:58 pm

mandraks wrote: BarryL wrote:
It was a '67 panel Turkis - This is the day I bought it. Brunswick, GA 1974 - I sold it in Santa Barbara in '76 when I ran out of money. I have been trying to get a response from the GA Dept of Motor Vehicles to see if I can get the VIN# to try and trace it down.

interesting, at 7 years old it already had "custom seats"?

A friend of mine found a 1964 Standard Micro. The license plate was from 1970 and it had seats from a Blue Bird school Bus bolted in it.

Blue Baron Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 pm

finster Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:39 am

interesting early jet engine set-up which I assume is for de-icing runways...?

mandraks Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Blue Baron wrote:

Hamburg Reeperbahn, quite the place back in the day.

j.pickens Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:00 pm

finster wrote: interesting early jet engine set-up which I assume is for de-icing runways...?
And that is an EARLY jet engine. Like from a J-31, the first jet engine put into US service in the late '40's. All those early engines look similar, since they are derived from Frank Whittle's revolutionary inventions.

EverettB Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Title: Boat show 1963

Short description:
Boats, station wagons and camper vans on display on Main Street, 1963.
From The State Newspaper Photograph Archive.

Longer:
Boats, station wagons and Volkswagen camper vans on display on Main Street during the 1963 Boat Show. This photograph was taken from a window in the Palmetto Building and shows the 1400 and 1500 blocks of Main, including J. C. Penney Co., King’s Jewelers, Haltiwanger's, and Belk’s department store.

Fish Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Sweet roof top tent.

cdennisg Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Fish wrote: Sweet roof top tent.

Wow, that is great. Can anyone identify it or have other photos of something similar?

oakman Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 pm

cdennisg wrote: Fish wrote: Sweet roof top tent.

Wow, that is great. Can anyone identify it or have other photos of something similar?

Here's something similar:

AC Mack wrote: desert westy wrote: Can anyone ID this tent? The guy I bought it from did not know if his bus was a EZ Camper or Sundial. Any ideas?

I have installed backwards in this picture. The tent includes a canopy similar to the canopies in this thread. All of the poles are 1/2" electrical conduit
Looks like you have a Sundial Pent Tent and ladder.

Clara Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:14 am

MrPolak wrote: aa390392 wrote: Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport :lol:

As luck would indicate, the roof removed was probably full of those little windows and a sunroof.

It was in Scotts Valley, just up the hill from Santa Cruz.
Isn't there a thread on that bus?

EverettB Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Bucket of Blood saloon
Center brakelight Bus converted to a camper with some extra taillights

BarryL Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Clara wrote: MrPolak wrote: aa390392 wrote: Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport :lol:

It was in Scotts Valley, just up the hill from Santa Cruz.
Isn't there a thread on that bus?

People smoked underway and used the ashtrays too. I wonder how many ember burns there are and fire-in-the-eyes.