TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Vintage Splitty Photos Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
mandraks Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 am

perello wrote: on this side of the world, minimum speed is regulated to be half the maximum allowed.

pretty sure this is not correct for Germany. there is no regulated minimum speed. road conditions and traffic have a say in that one.
If conditions allow, and no minimum or maximum speed is set, the only rule that exists and can result in tickets, is that you must not impede traffic flow by going slower than the flow of traffic in the lane you are in.
in practical terms this means that traveling slower than trucks and cars with trailers who have to stay in the right hand lane(s) with a vehicle that can go faster than trucks and cars with trailers can get you a ticket in Germany.
Trucks and cars with trailers have a legal speed limit of either 80km/h or 100km/h depending on equipment. So that would be your practical minimum speed.
All bets are off when minimum speeds are posted.

busdaddy Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 am

Around here there's the odd separate small sign stating "vehicles incapable of 45 MPH prohibited" posted on freeways.

velvetgreen Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:32 am

ToolBox Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am

mandraks wrote: EverettB wrote: Quote: Don't think i ever seen a MINIMUM speed limit sign before
I know I've seen them in around Phoenix in the past but now that I think about it, not sure I've seen any of them recently. Maybe they took them down?

I think they were targeted at old people who get on the freeway and drive super slow, usually because they shouldn't have a license anymore.

around here they are on all interstates. we have 85, 75, and 20 running throught town. usually the minimum is 40 i think, but then again i am more concerned with the topspeed dragging the camper to all the nascar races around here. 75 is our travel speed unless the speed limit is like 60 or so.

Saw a lot over the weekend on my drive. Just drove a round trip from Detroit to Agusta ME to Detroit.

It's good to know in Michigan we don't have the market cornered on rednecks with lifted pickups hauling 2 snow machines on the deck above the bed and a 4 place trailer behind driving like idiots. Those rigs are one evasive manuver away form a yardsale on the freeway.

Like this AND towing a 4 place trailer!!!

BarryL Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm

EverettB wrote: I think they were targeted at old people who get on the freeway and drive super slow, usually because they shouldn't have a license anymore.
The time I got a going-too-slow-ticket I was sandwiched between semis. The cop said I was impeding the flow of traffic. Of course I got searched.

EverettB Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:04 pm

BarryL Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:07 pm

Does that bus have jailbars on every back window?

EverettB Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:15 pm

BarryL wrote: Does that bus have jailbars on every back window?

I thought something was up there, maybe Ambulance without frosted windows?

It's also RHD with Left hand cargo doors

mdege Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:18 pm

mandraks wrote: perello wrote: on this side of the world, minimum speed is regulated to be half the maximum allowed.

pretty sure this is not correct for Germany. there is no regulated minimum speed. road conditions and traffic have a say in that one.
If conditions allow, and no minimum or maximum speed is set, the only rule that exists and can result in tickets, is that you must not impede traffic flow by going slower than the flow of traffic in the lane you are in.
in practical terms this means that traveling slower than trucks and cars with trailers who have to stay in the right hand lane(s) with a vehicle that can go faster than trucks and cars with trailers can get you a ticket in Germany.
Trucks and cars with trailers have a legal speed limit of either 80km/h or 100km/h depending on equipment. So that would be your practical minimum speed.
All bets are off when minimum speeds are posted.

There is one addition to the speed limits on the Autobahn. All vehicles need to be able to go at least 60km/h to be allowed on the Autobahn. This means most farm equipment, mopeds, and anything registered on insurance plates is not allowed. The only vehicles moving this slow these days are cranes and other over size vehicles.

Blue Baron Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:08 am

BarryL Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:38 pm

EverettB wrote: BarryL wrote: Does that bus have jailbars on every back window?

I thought something was up there, maybe Ambulance without frosted windows?

It's also RHD with Left hand cargo doors
It's probably there for all the people that trip over that type fence. I call those kid-catchers; as the kid runs it trips them to splat on their face on the cement.

Da TOW'D Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 pm

Ocean Falls BC 1980
This bus was owned by the publisher of the Ocean Falls Newspaper.
On the back it said "I'm not leaving Ocean Falls"-- he left when the mill closed
the place stopped making newsprint and closed in the early 80's
I had the service station for a couple of years there
talk about rain
Hank

RHD Notch Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:27 am

John Wayne Airport, Southern California

Blue Baron Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:57 pm

finster Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:48 am

EverettB wrote:

japan is rhd so that fits but I think those are jalousie windows not jail bars as the windows are perfectly divided into three.

agree about those fences. a corner green has them across from my flat, kids/adults trip over it and dogs easily jump over so not sure what the point is for having them.

mandraks Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am

finster wrote: EverettB wrote:

japan is rhd so that fits but I think those are jalousie windows not jail bars as the windows are perfectly divided into three.

agree about those fences. a corner green has them across from my flat, kids/adults trip over it and dogs easily jump over so not sure what the point is for having them.

Japanese kids would never jump over it unless instructed to do so. ;)

EverettB Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Bus with rack in the background

Malokin Martin Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 pm

I’ve been watching a lot of “Mark Felton productions” lately on YouTube. He has some really interesting side stories on WWII and is worth a watch. There’s a lot of anecdotes in his videos that you don’t get elsewhere.

Anyway I was watching this one on checkpoint Charlie and grabbed a couple VW shots at the checkpoint and with tanks.

Busted-bolt Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Malokin Martin wrote: I’ve been watching a lot of “Mark Felton productions” lately on YouTube. He has some really interesting side stories on WWII and is worth a watch. There’s a lot of anecdotes in his videos that you don’t get elsewhere.

Anyway I was watching this one on checkpoint Charlie and grabbed a couple VW shots at the checkpoint and with tanks.

5.17 Is when the bus shows up :D

MrPolak Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:54 am

EverettB wrote: Bus with rack in the background

Cool Goggomobil on the right