TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What does the HBB in the forum title mean? Page: 1, 2  Next
Wangchicken Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:03 pm

HBB ive been clicking on this for some time now and still haven't seen what it means every other forum title is pretty obvious , so some one pleas enlighten me ? I havent wanted to ask but i just had to :?

AEH Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 pm

In honor of hamburger Brad. A Vw enthusit that lost a battle with cancer

ZARJDR Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 pm

He was the moderator for the off road forum, and a very good one at that.
He was followed by Russ, also a great moderator, super knowledgable
on almost anything VW, he sadly also lost his battle with the big "C"
Ian is our moderator now, and hopefully when he leaves us it is on his own terms, and because he chooses to!!!!!!! F**K CANCER

cherokee Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 am

I have wondered that for years.

RIP man....so many good go...so many bad stay...kinda ticks me off....but I will not turn this into anything else.

Wangchicken Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 am

Ok im glad i asked Fuck cancer!! :snipersmile:

kbwakesk8 Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am

Wangchicken wrote: Ok im glad i asked Fuck cancer!! :snipersmile:

Yep brad was a friend of mine and is missed
Now a friend of mine also a vw baja guy is fighting the same thing brad did. :cry: just found out this morning.

hethen57 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

Sorry to hear that....he was mod the last time I regularly frequented this site...and his goofy cat wearing pumpkin hat profile photo was everywhere....RIP - HBB.

Glenn Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Brad "HamburgerBrad" Williams (1984-2009)

BC... before Cancer.

ZARJDR Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks for sharing the photo Glenn, really made me chuckle, I guess one could say that one was "Brad" being a "Hamburger", good stuff.

cherokee Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:50 am

Dang he was just a baby.

Dan_Lorenze Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:19 am

I always wondered too... Thanks for the explanation..

baja5 Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Three years today, seems like yesterday. The forums just aren't the same without Brad. He was a good guy that loved and lived VW's and is missed my many. Rip Brad.

darkfox89 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 pm

baja5 wrote: Three years today, seems like yesterday. The forums just aren't the same without Brad. He was a good guy that loved and lived VW's and is missed my many. Rip Brad.

3 years today? You posted that on Christmas. Ugh, that's terrible. Sorry to hear.

BradsDad Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

HBB or just Brad to his friends was my son. he had so many friends i just couldnt beleive it. hundreds - thousands i dont know. if any of you folks out didnt get the chance to know Brad you can read about him in the ongoing thread in "general chat" "HamburgerBrad Williams"
bradsdad

enjoyther1de Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

HBB. Passed along the VW addiction to alot of people. God speed brother.

BradsDad Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am

well said steve, Brad said in his last few days ( "be quick to help someone in need, but expect just a little bit back" ) in my retirement years i spend a lot of my time fullfilling this, some of his last words. i love helping the vw folks............ the vw world is full of great people, more getting involved every day.
bradsdad

Dabaja Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Man I just read this and I gave me chills, that sucks so bad. Anyone know what kind of cancer? My step dad died of melanoma skin cancer. He could of been saved but it took the stupid doctors took two and a half years to find out what it was :evil: . And gave him only six months to live with very little chance to be saved. :(

socalfighter909 Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 am

Hey guys long time no talk. Its been a year since ive posted on thesamba. For some reason I was remembering this story so I came in to check it out. Im a vw guy/ cancer survivor myself. I think because of the new year I was thinking back onnmy cancer deal and the way its been for others.

The only way I can help people is by spreading the word. U guys CANNOT wait when u notice something not normal on or in yourself. Anything u notice that doesnt seem normal go get it checked. I went 4-5 months ignoring a problem and my wife. It wasnt till a buddy that was already dying told me to go. 1 month later I was in surgery.

Just some advice guys. Who knows what wouldve happened to me.

Rip HBB time flies seems like yesterday I came across this.

enjoyther1de Sat May 23, 2015 3:42 pm

F@&k cancer

enjoyther1de Mon May 16, 2016 7:10 pm

So we're planning a trip on the mojave road. Sept.15 thurs. to sept 18. Sun. Leave chino hills thurs morning head to the river (bullhead) turn around and do the mojave road back. Be back in afton canyon Saturday evening or Sunday morning. All capable vehicles welcome.
Dates may change as the time gets near. Pm me if interested.