TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Indigo Blue L436
justbuggin Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:37 pm

Does anyone have a pic of a car with this colour? & YES, I've done a search but only found a model car pic

olskool58 Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:23 pm

did you try wolfsburg wests color charts?? I've done some regular internet searches and found quite a few og vw color charts out there-

BTW- your gonna have to post a pic of the 57 square window rag- or at least explain

justbuggin Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:17 am

I've used wolfsburg west to pick the possible colours that will go with the new interior that came with the car when I bought it. It comes with a water Blue/grey two tone interior with a Navy Blue ragtop, so I guess either Slate Blue or Indigo Blue will be the most appropriate body colour to go with, though I'm open to suggestions.
As for the 57 thing, the car is a 58 model with the square window & later model dash, but it was made in Nov 57.

jeremysmithatshawdotca Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:15 am

I found a guy in Ontario, who has or had a 60's bug that's Indigo Blue, ant two email addresses, but no reply in a few days. If he does reply, I'll post the photo.

justbuggin Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:44 am

Thanks jeremy. I went down to the local Halfords auto shop yesterday & what did they have on the shelf but a can of touch up spray in Ind. Blue. But this colour is for the new VW's & it's a pearlescent finish. As far as I know the original would have been a flat colour, so I don't even have too much faith that even the colours are similar.
If you still get no reply, thanks for trying anyway :)

jeremysmithatshawdotca Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:43 pm

Jusbuggin, the guy just responded, he's got a photo, and he'll scan it for me! When I get it, I'll post it in the gallery, and on this thread for you! Jeremy

justbuggin Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:47 pm

Excellent!! Cheers buddy :D

jeremysmithatshawdotca Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:01 pm

Still waiting for him to send the picture, it may be taking a while for him to remember to scan it. Maybe I'll send a reminder email today.

Mark Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:30 pm

My 03 Golf is Indigo Blue, & I f@*!ing love the colour...until it gets dirty which is about right after I finish washing it.

justbuggin Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:35 am

LOL, have you got a pic by any chance Mark?
Thanks in advance Jeremy

Mark Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:36 am

Hey Jeremy,

I have some photos of it at home, I'm at work right now but could send a few your way later today. In the meantime give vwvortex.com or tdiclub.com under reader's rides etc, as a lot of ppl on those forums have posted shots of their cars, many in Indigo Blue.

justbuggin Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:47 am

I'll go check. Thanks

jeremysmithatshawdotca Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:15 am

Still haven't heard back yet. The new indigo blue is metallic isn't it Mark? It'll be a bit different than the classic colour from the days of yore! It's actually pretty easy to find pics of that colour, but the old one just doesn't seem to be anywhere (except that little model!). Still trying, Jeremy

justbuggin Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:42 am

Don't bust a gut on it jeremy. I haven't been able to find a decent pic of a beetle with this colour, so I've been looking at Neptune Blue instead. I know its not year-correct for my 57, and it was a type 2 colour, but it's a sweet colour. It fits in well with some of the early drab colours & I think it'll suit the beetle shape very well. I got the local body shop to make up a can of it (doesn't have a code for the old flat Indigo Blue though, just the metallic like you said) & sprayed up one of my spare wheels. Looks really nice & goes with the interior trim & the new ragtop.
Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated