TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Body Fillers and such
Mattbeekler Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:35 pm

I just got my type-3 and am going to be needing some body filler soon, what do you suggest using? I have been looking at this POR-15 stuff (thanks IC Weener) there is some stuff at http://www.por15.com , I havent really done much body work and would like to get some opinions on what the best body filler for the newbie is :)

-Thanks

Kommercial Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:57 pm

This was recently hashed over in the body work section of these forums if you want to read more but it seems the unanimous vote was "rage gold". Ive used it before, good stuff and easy to work with wether newbie or advanced! :)

67'squareback Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:54 pm

My 67 had a dealer installed roof rack on it, the kind that is attached to the roof with screws, not a clip on the guters.

I removed it and used JB Weld to fill the holes.

Worked great. Hard as a rock, easy to use, sanded easily, and cost less than $3. bucks.

diy570 Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:52 am

rage gold by evercoat like kommercial said or zebra by 3m. both are about the same cost and pretty much the norm in most good shops. its best to stay away from any filler made by the company bondo.

71 square Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:18 am

just dont use bondo....sounds soooo bad...and from what i hear...it doesnt perform well....pretty much, if u stcik with a polyester putty ur right...unless its in super high heat area's...but u really only use it on banel dings an stuff

jonno