TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
erste Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm

bajaleo wrote: Does anyone know of a rattle can spray paint that comes close to LT1M Tuscan/Toscano Beige?
You can get a spray can from paintscratch.com. Input 1984 VW Van and then add the spray paint to the cart. Sorry, I can't find a way to link to it.

For an off the shelf color, maybe Rust-Oleum Sand? Doesn't look quite yellow enough, but I'm just basing that off LT1M photos online. I have a can of this paint though and the cap color isn't too far off.

bajaleo Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks for the reply erste. I'll check both of those tips out.

erste wrote: bajaleo wrote: Does anyone know of a rattle can spray paint that comes close to LT1M Tuscan/Toscano Beige?
You can get a spray can from paintscratch.com. Input 1984 VW Van and then add the spray paint to the cart. Sorry, I can't find a way to link to it.

For an off the shelf color, maybe Rust-Oleum Sand? Doesn't look quite yellow enough, but I'm just basing that off LT1M photos online. I have a can of this paint though and the cap color isn't too far off.

skemems Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:57 am

Looking to confirm paint code for an 1987 Westfalia - I dont have a sticker under the dash, and there is no "plate" under the driver seat.
Any other way to confirm paint code?

I have narrowed it down one of these two.
Savanna Beige Metallic (LH1V)
Flash Silver Metallic (LP7Y)

kamzcab86 Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:14 am

skemems wrote: Looking to confirm paint code for an 1987 Westfalia - I dont have a sticker under the dash, and there is no "plate" under the driver seat.
Any other way to confirm paint code?

I have narrowed it down one of these two.
Savanna Beige Metallic (LH1V)
Flash Silver Metallic (LP7Y)

Post a photo or two of your van.

skemems Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 pm

What color paint code. Exterior is primeras, almost ready for paint.

bobbyblack Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:18 am

Looks to me like LP7Y X9 [flash silver] But hard to tell, I've been fooled by a camera more than once.

Crankey Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:45 am

Damn I needed this 2 weeks ago.
Oh well...paint is on now. Looks pretty close to me but it's a gm color I think.
Had to go by color scan. Ehh...my thing is about 15 different shades of oxidized tan, small rust repair tan with the right code 5-6 years old and now this very similar gm tan in patches..
Somehow my searching here didn't find this thread..

jb20thae Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:46 pm

If looking to repaint the fiberglass bumpers, does one need a flex agent or will a rattlecan from paintscratch.com hold up with proper prep and application?