TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
r39o Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am

Feel free to post in this thread if you have problems or questions.
Or PM or email me directly at [email protected]

Messages from EverettB, the Site Admininstrator:
November, 2014:
There were some issues during the week of Oct. 26, 2014 that caused the site to timeout very frequently, these have been resolved.
These issues continued from time to time though very early November, 2014.
Forums search:
The Forums "keyword" search was disabled near the beginning of November, 2014 due to performance issues affecting the entire site.
Nov. 15, 2014: Forums search is back up!

January, 2015:
I made some changes that should make the site much more stable and prevent most, if not all, site timeouts and subsequent Cloudflare messages.

---------------------
Original post:

Tram Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Me too. Took awhile to get on today!

notchback Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm

r39o wrote: FYI: I keep getting frequent: This website is offline Those messages were meant just for Tram Sorry you're getting them too.

BTW, I got it too.

pip hancox Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 pm

me too :evil:

Tram Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:09 pm

notchback wrote: r39o wrote: FYI: I keep getting frequent: This website is offline Those messages were meant just for Tram Sorry you're getting them too.

BTW, I got it too.

LOL! Bastige!

Jon65 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

pip hancox wrote: me too :evil:

Me 3

Tram Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Really glitchy today- it just slows down, then stops, then I either get the "site offline" page or the "google cached" page.

EverettB Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes, this is happening to me too and I am looking into it.

I think some part of the new security is blocking things from time to time.

As soon as I hit the "Retry for a live version of the site" button when that page appears, the site does come up for me.
Hitting refresh seems to work as well.

r39o Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm

EverettB wrote: As soon as I hit the "Retry for a live version of the site" button when that page appears, the site does come up for me.
Slowly it comes back for me.

EverettB wrote: Hitting refresh seems to work as well. I will try that next time.

r39o Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 pm

it is getting worse.

Sometimes it comes back couple of times and says the site is broked.

Hitting refresh does nothing here, using Firefox 15

EverettB Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm

I think I might have it fixed now, it doesn't seem to be happening for me anymore.

Let me know though...

Jon65 Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:22 pm

When i was trying to post to a topic earlier, when i tried to preview my message, a window popped up saying that the page i was looking for was not available. I don't know if it is just me or the site though.

On a good note though the cloudfare pages have stopped.

John Moxon Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 am

Curious...for me in the UK the connection has been immediate and robust without any drop-outs since the original fix.

Maybe it's a heavy traffic thing...I'm 8 hours ahead of PST.

EverettB Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am

It was heavy traffic combined with people connecting through the USA west coast.

My host said it was less than 1% of the connections.

(I realize one person above says Georgia, not sure why his connection would go through the west coast of the USA but that can happen)

r39o Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 am

New error. it has no copies to display:

No cached version is available

EverettB Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

I got a couple "offline" errors today myself but the "retry" button has always worked.

r39o Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am

Quote: 500 Internal Server Error
------------------------------------------------------
cloudflare-nginx
I am getting al LOT of these at the moment.

Now what???

EverettB Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

Yes, I have seen that too and I am reporting it.

Also the same thing but error 502

EverettB Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:45 pm

EverettB wrote: Yes, I have seen that too and I am reporting it.

Also the same thing but error 502

Follow up:
The CloudFlare errors from this morning were a server problem at CloudFlare in LA. The server was disabled and traffic redirected after a short period of time.

This would have only affected people connecting via LA, which can be a large number of people on this site, and to that specific server.
They have a bank of servers so that is why you might only see it sometimes - only when you hit that specific server in their overall stack.

Bobnotch Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I got a cloudflare message about 15 minutes ago. So it's still going on. I just clicked on the "live" version, and it re-directed me back to the thread I was trying to open. Seems like the site is running a little slower though.