TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Adding Location to Contact Advertiser screen
EverettB Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 am

A site member requested I add location to the Contact a Samba Advertiser screen to remind people to include a zip code or location to speed up shipping cost estimation.
This was a good idea so I did it today.
It's an optional field where you can enter up to 50 characters, although you would really want to just enter a simple zip code or country.

As a sellers located in USA, I need a zip code or country to do a shipping estimate.
For international sellers, I'm curious:
For example, if you are in Belgium and shipping to Germany, what information do you need from the buyer? Just "Germany" or would you also need a region or zip-code type number too?

New screen with added field:

To buyers on the site:
The way it is set up right now is that nothing is saved - if you want to send a seller your zip code, you have to enter it every time.
I can set it up so that, if you are logged in, the system will save the last location you used and auto-fill it for you.
This location information would remain private and would not be visible on the site except to you. Would this be useful to you?

L378 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm

the screen capture is just too funny :D

hazetguy Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:26 am

i like this, as many times i need to research where someone is emailing me from, because it rarely happens that they tell me in the first email.
one suggestion: the other two boxes say "Your Name" and "Your E-Mail address". I think to help avoid confusion, putting "Your Location" would help clarify that the location box is for the inquirer, not the seller. Even though the tiny text below states that, how many people will actually read it.....

Jennepher Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 am

Or maybe Your ZipCode/Country.
But most people don't read directions, you are correct.

EverettB Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 am

Ok, done.