TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Stan's Classic swap meet, Natick, MA Sun. 12/16/12 Page: 1, 2  Next
Stanagon Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Stan's Classic swap meet

Winter swap meet at Stan's Classic Service, 135 West Central St., Natick, MA 01760. Sunday Dec. 16th, 10am-2pm for the public. 2 to 4 indoor swap meet spaces available. Coffee and snacks will be available. Outdoor swap spaces are free, but also limited. Swappers can set up at 9am.

If you would like an INDOOR space send me a pm and indicate what type of vintage VW parts you will be bringing.
Indoor spaces will be here:

(without the Bug, motor, tool tray etc. in the way).

If you just have a few parts, or a few larger items, then bring them in your vehicle and folks can wander outside to have a look.
Outdoor spaces are FREE. Here is the outdoor area, in the Spring though...

If you prefer to keep your parts at home, then come liberate some of my stash, and our other vendors extra parts. Perhaps you'll find just that item you need for a winter project or two. More info will be posted here as I know who's bringing what and so forth. Call me only if pm or e-mail doesn't work for you. 508-333-7813.

If the weather is bad this event will cancel.

obnoxiousblue Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Hrm... This might be a nice reason to head up to Boston for a weekend.

DAdams Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 pm

John and I will be going to pick through some things. Hope to see you all there... Love being able to meet new people who share the same love of the ACVW as we do.....

Stock Steve Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 am

Thanks Stan--looks good. I've circulated heads-up to the CT folks, and speaking for myself, it is still looking like a possibility for getting up there for a bit of look-see & shopping in the morning (have some family stuff going on at home later in the day). What a great off-season idea--thanks for making it happen.

orangebug60guy Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:59 pm

i'll be there! drinks after?
8)

Stanagon Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:19 am

orangebug60guy wrote: i'll be there! drinks after?
8)
If I sell enough parts...

Stanagon Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 pm

I loaded up lots of parts for the swap meet next Sunday.

Partial load with air-cooled and Vanagon parts.

F-case engine block in good shape.

I think the Green Bug doors will make good signs out on the street to help people find the shop.

typesoneandtwo Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 am

Thanks for posting this, Stan. I don't know if I can make it, but it sounds like fun!
Heck, I was even born in Natick. I'll definitely have to get out there soon.

Ratt Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 am

Aww shucks, I start working the weekends that day! I was all excited to drive out the from Albany. Hope you all have nice weather!

edgood1 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Stan, this is a great idea, thanks for putting it together.

I have lots of stuff to bring. anyone need a pair of 15" smoothies?

Stanagon Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

I spoke to a few local enthusiasts today who said they would come to the swap meet to browse and hopefully buy.

[email protected] Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm

how much for that rusty roof rack?

Stock Steve Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 am

Anyone have a really nice used German rear bumper for my '70 Bug? I have a nice German unit on the front, and would like to find a nice one to replace the not-so-nice Brazil bumper on the back...

j.pickens Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 am

Do I feel like a drive North over the weekend, Maybe?!?
Anybody selling pre-'68 bus stuff?

edgood1 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I got some larger/heavy items that I will bring if someone lets me know they want them:

Vanagon Syncro Front differential with good VC
Pair 15" smoothie bug wheels
Long rear westy cabinet from a 73 westy (see my classifieds)
Very good bay window bus gas tank
good vanagon syncro front discs and calipers.
good vanagon drums
very good complete type 3 exhaust system with all heater boxes. (see my classifieds)
blue plaid rear mattress for bay window bus.
lots of rear axles/reduction boxes for split buses.
a few engine cores, type 1 and type 4.

.. among lots of other stuff

I'm looking for a set of 15" split bus wheels.

jallmond Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 am

might want some reduction boxes

thewalrus Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 am

In the market for the following, stupid little pieces I can't find anywhere else. Help a brudda out!! Thanks for any help!

This little SOB is elusive. I need an Auxiliary Air Booster Bracket:

Transmission mount plates & bolts:

Transmission mount bushings:

Stanagon Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:24 pm

edgood1 wrote: I got some larger/heavy items that I will bring if someone lets me know they want them:

Vanagon Syncro Front differential with good VC
Pair 15" smoothie bug wheels
Long rear westy cabinet from a 73 westy (see my classifieds)
Very good bay window bus gas tank
good vanagon syncro front discs and calipers.
good vanagon drums
very good complete type 3 exhaust system with all heater boxes. (see my classifieds)
blue plaid rear mattress for bay window bus.
lots of rear axles/reduction boxes for split buses.
a few engine cores, type 1 and type 4.

.. among lots of other stuff

I'm looking for a set of 15" split bus wheels.

I might be interested in the blue plaid mattress pad. I would bring the 15" smoothies. I posted info on the LiMBO website and we have a small local holiday party the night before, so likely there will be a few Vanagon owners browsing on Sun. Bring what you can, I guess.

Stanagon Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm

j.pickens wrote: Do I feel like a drive North over the weekend, Maybe?!?
Anybody selling pre-'68 bus stuff?

Depends on what you need for pre-'68 bus stuff. I've got a few bus round gas gauges in the swap box already and various other stuff stashed at the shop.
Update: finished packing more crap in the back of the bus, including some choice og bus interior panels. Most of my parts will be clearance pricing, for sure. Several local buyers and browsers have replied they are coming in response to an e-mail invite I sent out. Tell your friends.

thewalrus Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 am

Sounds like we could see some snow Sunday