TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Why I like Van-Cafe: Now with flying spaghetti monster! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
newfisher Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:01 pm

When i used the online checkout I added "have any cool doodles"in the comment box. Awesome!

syncrodoka Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:48 pm

RainierSyncro wrote: Just bought a $200 radiator from them. No cookie! No art! I guess I'll have to just settle with the lightning fast shipping. Sigh..........
I walked out of there with a radiator and several hundred dollars of other parts on friday. I never get a cookie or artwork but i always get a friendly staff member and good prices on good parts.
Monday I am stopping by to pick up more parts. :wink:

TequilaSunSet Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 pm

syncrodoka wrote: RainierSyncro wrote: Just bought a $200 radiator from them. No cookie! No art! I guess I'll have to just settle with the lightning fast shipping. Sigh..........
I walked out of there with a radiator and several hundred dollars of other parts on friday. I never get a cookie or artwork but i always get a friendly staff member and good prices on good parts.
Monday I am stopping by to pick up more parts COOKIES. :wink:

Fixed it for ya

syncrodoka Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Hmm, there are a dozen items on my list but no cookies.
If you want me to grab one for you just let me know. :wink:

TequilaSunSet Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:27 pm

syncrodoka wrote: Hmm, there are a dozen items on my list but no cookies.
If you want me to grab one for you just let me know. :wink:

Hating my diet even more now...

nilza Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:34 am

I didn't get cookies the last 2 orders I placed :( .

I'm convinced Australian customs are stealing them from me

Mellow Yellow 74 Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 am

nilza wrote: I didn't get cookies the last 2 orders I placed :( .

I'm convinced Australian customs are stealing them from me

I have always received my cookies but am always a bit worried that my delivery will be held up by Australian customs due to some kind of food quarantine issue. But then my parts arrive and I gobble down the cookie and forget about it.

dhaavers Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:49 pm

My request: "a wicked orange Vanagon snowplow"

Thanks, Van-Cafe! (cookies were no longer available at time of posting... :oops: :lol: 8) )

- Dave

(Gotta entertain ourselves somehow through the Minnesota winter...) :wink:

syncrodoka Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 pm

I just noticed on the monthly mailer that you can buy some of christian's artwork to wear around town- http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_2249_130/van_cafe_t-shirt.html

For those that have only talked to them on the phone or gotten some sweet drawings, chris is on the left and christian on the right.

alijonny Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 pm

just ordered two shirts... one for me and one for the wife!

hopefully shipping isn't going to be $15 as quoted online.

tarandusVDub Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Probably dumb question but are those silk screen or iron on? What kind of quality is the cotton shirt? No details on the website. Love the art!

BlueGrasser Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:30 pm

dhaavers wrote: My request: "a wicked orange Vanagon snowplow"

Thanks, Van-Cafe! (cookies were no longer available at time of posting... :oops: :lol: 8) )

- Dave

(Gotta entertain ourselves somehow through the Minnesota winter...) :wink:

That's awesome! I love the nod to the Simpsons as well

chojinchef Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

My son requested a Cub Scout themed drawing. VC delivers. They even contacted me to ask about his Pack number and name. Thank you - made my kid very happy, and he ate the cookie too!

MsTaboo Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Over a year ago I bought some rear door seals and some other bits for our Syncro Tristar and I asked in the comment field "hey how about some Tristar artwork?'
Got the package and my goodies, thought nothing about the artwork.
Now we've decided to sell the Tristar and I was going through old boxes to find the door seals and dropped the box, on the bottom was the artwork!
(actually the top, but the box had all the labels on the other side and that ended up as "top") We never saw the artwork in over a year! #-o

Anyway, a late thanks to Christian!

Yellow Rabbit Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:04 pm

I got this today with my cookie order.

Tobias Duncan Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:44 pm

I am placing an order this week. I feel too guilty to request artwork with a small order so I will wait till I order something big to ask for a portrait of the vaggazle van .
Last time I got a very awesome local lemon cookie! Hoping for another one of those.

djkeev Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:49 pm

My last few have been some icky Chocolate Cookie..... Threw them away..... So disappointing! What happened to the good oatmeal ones?

Dave

Thebeas Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Plus one for the lemon cookies

I got a $500 or so order coming up soon, might request a Spider-Man themed van for the kiddo

BillWYellowstone Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:58 pm

My previous cuple orders received a lemon and a chocolate cookie. Both in one order. Ironically, I don't care for either choc or lemon in cookies. Hot my next order and it had a lemon. I had a small issue with that order, so had to call, asked about the oatmeal cookies. They didn't have any yet, so he sent me some a customer brought i before they all went, was a ginger/molasses, my absolute favorite!

No artwork though. I do now have a beautifully working VDO oil gauge.

ALIKA T3 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:38 pm

djkeev wrote: My last few have been some icky Chocolate Cookie..... Threw them away..... So disappointing! What happened to the good oatmeal ones?

Dave

I got an oatmeal cookie last week ... :wink: