TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Barracudabrendon - [email protected] - Brendon Mansfield
SoCal Chuck Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Not too long ago I was in the market to purchase a new rack for my 64 bus. I knew I wanted a full length but the prices kept driving me away until I met Brendon and saw first hand the quality and craftsmanship he puts into his Kahuna Racks. His prices are fantastic and he truly out does himself in providing top quality racks made right here in the USA. No long waiting times, no headaches, no hasstles. Kahuna Metal Works gets 'er done! See his work at https://www.facebook.com/thekahunametalworks or call him directly at (909) 210-6004 tell him Chuck sent you!

SoCal Chuck Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm

SoCal Chuck Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm

8) Another job well done! Just picked up my new big mans kahuna ladder!

dillon70 Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

This guy knows what he is doing!! Delivered my rack to the Ventura Treffen 17 show free of charge. The rack fit like it was built with the bus, zero fit issues. Off to the powder coater this week, can't wait to see the finished product. He's working on a ladder idea now for the Bay's, can't wait to see and buy one when their ready.
Class act, serious skills, worth every penny.

Thank you!!!

Soul Built Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:21 pm

There's simply no better option. I've purchased 2 racks from Brendan.

He delivers on-time....everytime.

Welds are perfect and clean. Made to awesome standards of quality

His customer service is shown throughout the entire process.

Cheap imitations are easily spotted and your Bus is worthy of the best.

DellMike Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:37 am

Love my Kahuna metal works rack! I have had it for about 4 years and have used the hell out of it. They are super ridged and don't even flex when I walk on it. Fit perfect on my baywindow. If some one says will fit bay and split on the full length racks run away the roofs are shaped different.

T2 Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:09 am

Brendon makes the best racks. There are "others" out there but the quality and materials are lacking. Friend bought a cheaper one and it flexes and has broken 2 welds from when he stands on it for photo shoots. My rack handles my 400 pound fat ass walking around on it without flexing, bending or breaking welds.

Buy the best once and pay a little more, you won't regret it.

Draceves Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:24 pm

I have to admit, i was not a roof rack type of guy until i met Brendon and saw the quality and strength of the roof racks that he makes. Not long after, i had to have a full length Big Kahuna rack for my bus. I have noticed other racks that are poorly put together, not square, thin gauge metal tubing and welds that look like a two year old did it. It's obvious that they are only looking to make a quick buck. Simply put, Brendon is a perfectionist and refuses to put out a product that does not live up to his high quality standards. If your looking to buy a roof rack for your Type II, I strongly recommend hitting up Kahuna Brendon, there is no one better in my opinion!!

Dustin B Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 am

Just got my new custom made HWE style roof rack from Brendon of Kahuna Metalworks. I'm going to use it for actual work and wanted one a little longer then his normal 8 leg version so he was happy to build one to my specs and he added 2 extra legs (his idea) to handle the work loads I plan to carry. I couldn't be happier with the results. He went above and beyond what I was hoping for. I definitely recommend him and his racks. Thank you so much Brendon.

Anchovy Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:00 am

I tried to contact Brendon through email, his samba ads, text and voicemail over a few week period. I wanted to order two roof racks. He never replied. Looks like quality work, but not so great on communication. Don't know him, hope he is OK.