TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Meet in the Middle BBQ X Sun March 24 2013 Santa Barbara CA Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
LHG Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Sunday March 24, 2013
Meet in the Middle BBQ X Santa Barbara County, California
Vintage Volkswagen Club of America, Central Coast Chapter, CA
This is our big Central Coast Event, don't miss out!

Rain Cancels

Sunday, March 24, 2013
11am to 3pm
Nojoqui Falls Park, near Solvang

This is a grass roots effort and we need your help to make it a success.
Read On...

General Info: Meet us in the Middle for a gathering of VW enthusiasts from Southern and Central California. The location is beautiful Nojoqui Falls Park in Santa Barbara County. It is near the Danish style city of Solvang. Take the short hike up the trail to the falls that are usually flowing nicely this time of year.
There is no charge to get in.

Raffle: We will have our usual selection of tools chests, cash and misc items. Please, if you can donate to the raffle bring your VW stash that is just sitting around and not being put to use. Any type of cool items will be gladly added to the booty.

Awards: Now's your chance to get back at all those event organizers who never get it right Wink. Bring your own award, serious, funny, or just outside the box to give to whoever you think is deserving. You can announce it yourself or we will do it according you your instructions!

If you bring an award come by the BBQ and get a notice to put on the car so they show up to the awards/raffle. This is a fun alternative to the usual show awards. Be creative and have some fun!

BBQ: We will have a huge group BBQ fired up so all you have to do is bring your favorite BBQ to throw on the grill.
Burger, Chips and a Drink will also be available for $5.

Stealth Swap: Official swapping is not allowed in the park (no tables or parts on the ground)
However...You can bring stuff to sell or trade, but it must be low profile, in your car would be the way to go.

Cruise Info: There will be cruises from the North and South.

From the South:
Leave Ventura at 0900 sharp (get there early) from the Arbys on Main St. 3550 east Main st Ventura Ca

From the North:
Paso Robles, Spring St and 12th 8:00am
Madonna exit, left to Starbucks on Madonna 8:45 am
Santa Maria, Stowell Rd McDonalds 9:30 am

http://www.sbparks.org/Scripts/ParksDetail.asp?ParkID=14

Questions? Call Brian at 805 610 5186 or email [email protected]

dailyt3 Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm

cool

Backn86 Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am

Can't Wait!

ned Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 pm

If you have not been to this event it may be a banner year for attendance. With an early spring the weather should be great. There are just not
enough local events around here. :D

ned Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 am

So in a shameless effort to keep this topic on the front page...

cm67btl Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 pm

What are going to be some of the raffle prizes this year. Past years have been pretty good to me :lol:

ned Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Good raffle prizes for sure. Last year I finally won something. The grand prize. I still just keep rolling around an empty tool box.

LHG Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 am

cm67btl wrote: What are going to be some of the raffle prizes this year. Past years have been pretty good to me :lol:

We should have the usual tools and VW items, you never know what people will bring though. One year someone brought a nice beach cruiser bicycle to raffle off, that was cool.

VanagoninRiverside Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 am

LHG wrote: cm67btl wrote: What are going to be some of the raffle prizes this year. Past years have been pretty good to me :lol:

We should have the usual tools and VW items, you never know what people will bring though. One year someone brought a nice beach cruiser bicycle to raffle off, that was cool.

That was my dad that brought the bike last year. He had won three hundred bucks the year before and thought it would be good to pay it forward. He and my step mother will be there again this year (they are in a tan and brown Vanagon Adventurewagon hightop.)

ned Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

That was really nice of your pops to do that. But that was last year. Whats he got this year? :) But really its just another shameless attempt at keeping this post on the front page. :oops:

drpete Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Looking forward to a relaxed drive down and a day in the park.

Backn86 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 am

cm67btl wrote: What are going to be some of the raffle prizes this year. Past years have been pretty good to me :lol:

I'll bring some BUG-IN and Drag Day goodies :)

drpete wrote: Looking forward to a relaxed drive down and a day in the park.

Pete we might have a group camping down at Refugio on Sat night. You should come join us!

drpete Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:14 am

Backn86 wrote: Pete we might have a group camping down at Refugio on Sat night. You should come join us!
Now THAT sounds like a good time. I have to see if I can get down there a day earlier!

Mr Gage Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm

I knew there was something I was looking foward to in March! Thanks Brian for putting on on the CCVW facebook thing or else I would have totally spaced out about it. Can't wait.

ned Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Its great that this is now a schticky. But really do like to shamelessly promote our one event of the year. :D

DraginInk Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 pm

There's a chance I may be there. Been observing through the interwebs for a long time. Looks like you folks but on a worthwhile shindig. Hope to make it finally!

LBC_Vdub Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 am

Anyone driving up from Orange county area? I'm in Long Beach just off the 405 would love to get in a group that's driving up. Also curious about the camping??? Is it family friendly Ive got a 5 yr old and an 8 month old.

dailyt3 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 pm

I will be heading out of pico rivera, might hook up with the oct3 guys also on the way...

dailyt3 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:46 pm

they head up the 405 thru your area also

LBC_Vdub Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Sweet ill stay tuned to this thread and see what's up. Not sure if the family is coming or not. Oh and FYI I may have to just roll up myself I'm in a super low static dropped type 1 so 55 is my max on the freeways especially th 405 :-/