TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Quartzsite, AZ. Need some help with overheating Vanagon
billyfeet Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

A gal in a 1983 Westy contacted me today because I am on the list of people who will help Vanagon owners with mechanical issues. Unfortunatly I am in SoCal and she is in Quartzite AZ. I attempted to diagnose her problem but she is frustrated and can't help much with the diagnostic proceedures. If anyone knows a mechanic or Vanagon nut in Quartzite please contact me and I will get this lady some help. Thanks. You can call me Five six 1-301-seven 885. I am on Pacific time zone.

dhaavers Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

FWIW: http://www.vanagonauts.com/rescue/list_rescue.phtml?zipcode=85346&dist=200

Corwyn Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 pm

More details required. What has she checked already?

- Coolant level
- Water pump
- Thermostat

Ahwahnee Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:04 pm

I know of good mechanics in Lake Havasu City and and Yuma but none in Quartzsite.

With a population of <4000 Quartzsite may have limited support for a Vanagon owner.

joseph928 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 am

Ahwahnee wrote: I know of good mechanics in Lake Havasu City and and Yuma but none in Quartzsite.

With a population of <4000 Quartzsite may have limited support for a Vanagon owner. :bay_blue: Yes good shops in Kingman, Flagstaff, There was one person that did work on VW there last year but herd he left. Anyway 3900 of those people are snow birds, all they understand is Winnebago! :D

peaceful warrior Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

She is better off getting back to Blythe, but is there anyone there who works on them? I know there is a decent radiator shop there.