TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: '67 Subaru Powered Fastback (It's Alive!) Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Bliss13 Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

She is back and better than ever!

I enlisted ISP for the repairs because I wanted everything done right, and they happen to have a bodywork genius under their roof. They did not disappoint.
The paint matching, attention to detail, and all the little extras, made for one of the best shop experiences I've had in a long, long time.

squaretobehip Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Woo! 8)

Nate M. Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Perfect stance. Beautiful car. I'll bet that thing scoots!! :twisted:

Congrats!!

Bliss13 Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 am

Nate M. wrote: Perfect stance. Beautiful car. I'll bet that thing scoots!! :twisted:

Congrats!!

Thanks! It moves pretty good.

Bliss13 Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 am

Updates; I have been on a quest to make this swap look as stock as possible. That said, I can't have the intake and alternator sticking up out of the back like this. It's time to make it so the engine lid is back where it belongs. I'll also have a fully operational oil fill/dipstick in the stock location.

Chop, chop

Stainless part of the intake

Old exhaust was in the way, so getting a custom, stainless one

Nate M. Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:30 pm

I love what you're doing with this beast and look forward to watching this all come together. Nice work!!

notchboy Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh daYum! A kuston intake? Man you have it bad for this little fasty 8)

Nice work on the clean up.

Sqrbckguy38 Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:07 pm

I love it. We have a 71 fasty that we are going to swap in a turbo subbie. Yours will give us plenty of ideas. Keep it up.

Bliss13 Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Sqrbckguy38 wrote: I love it. We have a 71 fasty that we are going to swap in a turbo subbie. Yours will give us plenty of ideas. Keep it up.

Wait 'til you see in a few weeks! I've got some stuff coming that I have seen on no other swap. It's going to be sweet.

Sqrbckguy38 Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 am

DO IT!!!! :twisted:

Bliss13 Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 am

Once you get to the point in a project where you have to hire someone to do the things you don't have the skills to do, you have to be patient. For me, that's mostly fabrication and bodywork. Unfortunately, those are the things that take the longest . . .

Bliss13 Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:28 am

So the fasty is getting closer and closer to being "done". Andy the suby swap guy (littlebuggie) has been cleaning up the install quite a bit. Check it out:

Radiator is completely sealed and hidden now

Intake sucking air from the stock location, with filter box. Also notice the fully functional dipstick/oil fill

And most importantly, the engine fits under the cover now

Bobnotch Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 am

Bliss13 wrote: So the fasty is getting closer and closer to being "done". Andy the suby swap guy (littlebuggie) has been cleaning up the install quite a bit. Check it out:

Radiator is completely sealed and hidden now

Intake sucking air from the stock location, with filter box. Also notice the fully functional dipstick/oil fill

And most importantly, the engine fits under the cover now

Now that IS beautiful. It all fitting under the deck is a bonus. Love the "re-use" of the air vents into a fresh air intake. Nice job of repackaging.

Up front being sealed off like, where do you add/top off fluid at? Also, are you going to add a "real" heater? :wink:

Bliss13 Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Bobnotch wrote:

Now that IS beautiful. It all fitting under the deck is a bonus. Love the "re-use" of the air vents into a fresh air intake. Nice job of repackaging.

Up front being sealed off like, where do you add/top off fluid at? Also, are you going to add a "real" heater? :wink:

The fill is under the shroud. It will take loosing a few screws to get to . . .
I don't think I will be adding a heater or ac to this one. I have a subi in my vanagon, and that will get the full climate control treatment

Nate M. Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:44 am

Very nice work!! 8)

Bliss13 Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 pm

A little better . . .

YO MAMA Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:45 am

Bliss13 wrote: Radiator/cooling upgrade

nice swap man looking killer, have a question do you know what radiator you using. im in the process doing a swap on my 66 square , just want get all the info i need so i dont run to any issues. thanks

Bliss13 Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks man. I was using an ebay/chinese unit, but now using dodge neon. This is the third cooling system redo, and I am probably going to change it again at some point.

YO MAMA Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:55 am

cool man , is there a reason why you switching radiator's or just the setup in the front you don't like.

Bliss13 Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:05 pm

YO MAMA wrote: cool man , is there a reason why you switching radiator's or just the setup in the front you don't like.
Honestly, I like the last set up much better(aesthetically). But the latest setup runs a little cooler since it is sealed better.