TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Barndoor Pedal Parts Page: 1, 2  Next
PedalWerks Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Hello, I have made the bushings but I am in need of the Accelerator ( #72)and Brake pedal return springs (#53), are these available or can someone send me the length of these collapsed (unhooked)

I would be forever greatfull, Thanks Scott

RockStock Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Scott

Here you go
From a lhd 54/55...appear original

Throttle spring is feeble
Brake spring is sturdier
Worth noting the orientation of the hooks
Dimensions are approximate
Now can't put everything back together

Regards
RS

PedalWerks Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Thank You very much, Scott

PedalWerks Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Please PM me your Shipping address and I will send you a set of bushings for the pedals, no charge, I have just made these in my shop Pedal Werks,

Value $100 plus shipping

Scott

RockStock Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 am

thanks Scott
update the thread if you find some good replacement springs!

peter schepens Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

I know nothing on barndoors but the spring looks like the one used in a beetle brake system inside the drums . I am only guessing but it could be plausible...they used what they could find to start with...remeber they started with a beetle floorpan to make the prototype

EverettB Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:12 pm

I agree they look similar but they have 211 part #s so they are probably Bus parts.
My guess would be they are weaker than brake springs.

Brake spring, #53:
211 719 147
Return spring - Brake Pedal

Accelerator pedal spring, #72:
211 719 525
Return spring - Accelerator Pedal

pipvan Tue May 28, 2013 7:49 am

Hi all i require item 47 and the bushes can anyone help out please, im also after the main kingpin and bushes on the front beam aswell if anyone has anything.
Thanks Phill

pipvan Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Anyone help out please

EverettB Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Gerson the green metal guy used to make #47.
I have one I bought from him a couple years ago but I have not installed it yet.

Gerson Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 am

I make the shaft, the bushings, and I can have the springs made at a spring shop near my factory.....email me and let me know what you need....I am going down to Bogota on Monday...let me know...

HUGOPECAS Mon May 08, 2017 1:18 am

RockStock wrote: Scott

Here you go
From a lhd 54/55...appear original

Throttle spring is feeble
Brake spring is sturdier
Worth noting the orientation of the hooks
Dimensions are approximate
Now can't put everything back together

Regards
RS

Hi, first off all, thanks for this post is very useful!

One question, how is the stiffness of the springs, they are like the one of the brake system inside the drums?

Regards
Hugo

joshbuchan Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 pm

we made both springs for the 54 panel recently.....have limited number of spares but could make a couple dozen if there is enough interest?

joshbuchan Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 pm

I've had a few guys contact me about springs.....guess I should do up an ad? They were copied off of good originals and match the spec of pics in this thread. I'll snap some pics soon, a jig was machined to wind on the lathe. We just road tested in a 3500 plus mile roadtrip from Canada to Kelly park and worked great 8) will be selling for $20 USD each spring plus shipping let me know if interested, thanks Josh

joshbuchan Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 pm

Sorry guys these are taking longer than expected.....after hours time has been at a premium lately :roll: getting there

TheGermanJunkies Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 am

Hi I really need a left hand drive brake pedal return spring as soon as possible please if you can help? Let me know and I can send payment. I am in the UK.

Many thanks Seb

spit nolan Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Anyone have the details for the same but for a RHD barndoor?

joshbuchan Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 am

spit nolan wrote: Anyone have the details for the same but for a RHD barndoor?

As in if the springs are the same from RHD to LHD? Don't see why not??

spit nolan Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 am

Yes that's what i'm after, pedal design is quite different between the two, so I'd be surprised if the springs and mounting positions are identical but I don't know for sure hence asking, none of the three RHD's between us have the proper springs so have had other things adapted to work.

spit nolan Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 am

If they are the same how much for a set posted to the UK? :)