TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Hessisch Oldendorf 2013 Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am

Well, this show needs its own little thread...around 40 Barndoors present I reckon
Please post up pictures, videos, stories, road trip experiences, facts behind individual BDs...

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 am

RockStock wrote: Well, this show needs its own little thread...around 40 Barndoors present I reckon
Please post up pictures, videos, stories, road trip experiences, facts behind individual BDs...

What an IMPRESSIVE Barndoor count mate. Did you count them yourself? Where they all parked on the same area? Pictures mate! Pictures. Waiting for Comrade to report back but that won't be for a few weeks as I you probably saw him medicated. Really.

This event always brings out the best VW's Europe has to offer and is a great meeting place for whether is parts, advise or just to chill out & have a pint with both old and new friends.

Scotty ........... did you remind him!? :wink:

RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am

Haven't counted them yet JJ. 35 might be a more accurate figure (backtracking now). No they weren't all in the same place. Line-up had a prime spot on the Market Place - others were seen in the campsite, with one in the swap-meet area. Could bend the rules & try to count the deluxe in the Grundmann's museum too!

Some big distances travelled. Around half the BDs were Brits? The Swedish boys turned up in force too
A large proportion of the buses were lowered, unlike all the other categories. This may not have gone down well with all (geddit)

I can report Dougie G is safe & well, and in good form!
He even appeared in the slideshow at the start of the dinner reception in the Town Hall! Got contacts, no doubt

See you there in 2017

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:51 am

RockStock wrote: Haven't counted them yet JJ. 35 might be a more accurate figure (backtracking now). No they weren't all in the same place. Line-up had a prime spot on the Market Place - others were seen in the campsite, with one in the swap-meet area. Could bend the rules & try to count the deluxe in the Grundmann's museum too!

Some big distances travelled. Around half the BDs were Brits? The Swedish boys turned up in force too
A large proportion of the buses were lowered, unlike all the other categories. This may not have gone down well with all (geddit)

I can report Dougie G is safe & well, and in good form!
He even appeared in the slideshow at the start of the dinner reception in the Town Hall! Got contacts, no doubt

See you there in 2017

Sounds like a really good time. Bummer I couldnít have been there to see this. The last HO, 2009, the Hebmuller display was awesome.
This show is always a good turn out. 35 Barndoors is still a good turn out. I figured the majority there would be from the UK, and the
Majority being lowered. Whether lowered or stock height, they are the oldies. There are some really nice ones out from the Scandinavian area as well. Iím looking forward to all the pictures to be blasted all over the interweb.

Did you find any good bits for your ride? Maybe you can get it going for 2017? Then maybe, just maybe, you will make me a believer!!?? Cheers.
And thatís because I am going without a doubt in 2017. Probably do another bus out here and ship it out for a nice 3 week holiday. REALLY!

Comrade Dougie is heavily connected. No doubt about that. I just hope he didn't forget my badge? I asked several people to remind him but you know how that medication he's on works. :wink:

RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 am

Sweden, the capital of cool vintage VWs!

My buddy Buzz sat me down and helped me set an achievable target of 2017 for my 55
Buzz has the ultra cool 54 rhd sunroof Standard with deluxe dash. That bus needs some coverage
And that boy deserves a lot of credit - we clocked him helping out on other people's buses all weekend

Dougie G was amazingly coherent for someone on medication

Worked hard to score some taillights
Your boys hoovered up some good deals too

You need to be there again in 2017; bring some of that celebrity stardust
Talking of which I met the Canadian Genius & his crew too
Those boys were giving Dougie a hard time. Is it a Canadian/US feud thing?

Ace weekend

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 am

Been to Sweden but everything there is in hiding or out in the woods. But they all congregate at HO. Thatís for sure.

Sounds like Mr. Buzz is a cool kid, helping you out with your bus. Iíve seen a picture or two of that bus as well. This
Year would have been a good time to czech out the new attending BDís. Iím sure 2017 will bring new ones out from
Where ever.

Ah, so Ken King (The Chuck D of Canada) and posse showed up eh? Those guys are a great bunch. Got to hang out
with a few of them during the ClassicS. Nah, no feuding with the Canadians. Though I do know they donít like it when
they are approached and asked if they are Yanks and what part of Colonies do they reside. REALLY.

Good deals? You must be talking about the Yanks with DEEP pockets. Glad you finally got your taillights. Expensive bits eh!

Definitely 2017. Maybe in a bus too? I got 4 years to plan.

aerosilver Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 pm

A couple of the Swedish crew..




aerosilver Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm




djfordmanjack Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 pm

way cool !!!

aerosilver Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm




RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Johnny, see The Butcher Shop Panel made it?
Probably around a 550 mile trip one way for most Brits? Thats around 8-10hrs drive, plus crossing the English Channel
Sweden, around 650 miles, 10-12hrs?

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:22 pm

RockStock wrote: Johnny, see The Butcher Shop Panel made it?
Probably around a 550 mile trip one way for most Brits? Thats around 8-10hrs drive, plus crossing the English Channel

I havenít seen that yonke on the road for at least 13 years?
This trip those Brits made is equivalent to Yanks driving from Los Angeles all the way up to Redding, northern California.
That is one LONG drive and a rough one on a lowered bus! Props to all those brave souls. Iíd have to say itís longer then
an 8-10 hour drive. Looking forward to all the stories and pictures.

Chris, you need to drive your bus out in 2017. Debut it that year.

COOL PICTURES.

RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Roger that

Yes, Im probably a few hours short. Took us 9hrs in a modern car
And getting round Antwerp in Belgium seems like hell on Earth mon-fri! Snarled

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 pm

RockStock wrote: Roger that

Yes, Im probably a few hours short. Took us 9hrs in a modern car
And getting round Antwerp in Belgium seems like hell on Earth mon-fri! Snarled

Funny you mention this ÖÖÖ back in 03, George and I had a hell of time around the ring while in those necks of the woods.
But it was worth, the BBT fiesta was off the hook. Sure it was the same this past week. Post some pictures up!!!

RockStock Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Will do!

Apparently those crazy Belgiums have a 20yr plan to build a ring road around the ring road!

As well as aerosilver, Bigbulli is posting up a good range of pictures to get us started
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...t_dir=DESC

Forgot the Grundmanns have that '50 too

djfordmanjack Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm


impressive !

I stole that from a friend's (Pat) blog:

http://bugstatt.blogspot.co.at/

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm

around the ring road!

As well as aerosilver, Bigbulli is posting up a good range of pictures to get us started
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...t_dir=DESC

Forgot the Grundmanns have that '50 too[/quote]

No doubt in a short period of time, pictures will be all over the interweb.


djfordmanjack wrote:
impressive !

I stole that from a friend's (Pat) blog:

http://bugstatt.blogspot.co.at/

That is really nice shot!

mandraks Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 pm

it's been 25 years since i have seen this one the first time, glad to see it is still here



splitface Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 am

best meeting ever ..was my 4th this year

there was up to 10 barndoors in 2009

minimally 35 and I would say more than 40 this year

counted 27 on one time on square

some of them were not in town registered and seen them only in campsite

few pics

http://pulenej.rajce.idnes.cz/Hessisch_Oldendorf_2013/

geraldcrewcab Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:31 am

More nice pics are here..

http://www.classiccult.com/blog/hessisch-oldendorf-vw-show-2013.html



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group